Chapter 16 Part 1 - Getting a Dragon Egg

"By the way, I haven't seen Ameralda-nee since I had woken up. Where did she go?"

I asked Alicia as she cleaned my wounds.

"Now you mention it... I haven't told you. Ameralda-nee-sama is in maternity period now."

She said.

"I see... Eh? Just now, what did you say?"

I was surprised when I heard it.

"Ah! What I mean maternity period isn't what you think of!! Etto!! Etto!!"

Alicia panicked. Her face was turned red from embarrassment.

"Ah, etto- Ano- t-this is part of the Bridal Training from Mother Dragon."

She said in panic.

"Then, what do you mean by that?"

I said. Alicia gasped.

"In that case, let me explain."

An unfamiliar voice said. I turned my face to the doorway and saw a mature lady with strong motherly aura spilling out from every corner of her feature.

"Mother Dragon-sama!!"

Alicia greeted her in hurry. I also lowered my head to greet her.

"There's no need to be that spirited, Alicia. So, Dragon Emperor-sama, do you still wish to know it?"

The mother dragon asked.

"Yes, I do."

I said resolutely.

"You know that my race is a mother dragon right?"

I nodded at her question.

"My constitution allows me to lay eggs despite not having any husband. But, those eggs are just empty husk of divinity vessel. No matter how long you wait, they won't hatch a dragon."

She said.

"But, that empty egg will hatch if a male and female poured their mana into it together. The male must gave enormous amount of mana at the beginning and every 7 days as the female would take care of the egg as she poured her magic power moderately every day until it hatched."

She said.

"So, that's maternity period. Then, is that counted as an adopted child?"

I asked.

"No, after hatching, the baby will have the genetic properties, mana waves, and soul code identical to the parents. So, no matter how checked it, the result will state that the baby is theirs. Even I had laid those eggs I had no connection to those babies."

She said.

"The duration of the maternity period is varied based on the mana quality of both parents. The quickest is a year and the longest is unknown."

She added.

"That's pretty long isn't it?"

I commented.

"But, that will be a good experience and good way to kill time. After all, your training is just beginning right?"

She said. I couldn't refute that. I looked at Alicia. She didn't say anything or rather she muttered something in low tone and her face was so red like boiled octopus and her eyes were swimming around as her body was fidgeting a few times.

"So, Alicia, since your Danna-sama has awakened, will you try it too?"

Mother dragon asked.

"I-If Ren-sama doesn't mind it. I-I would like to try it."