Chapter 4 Part 5 - I and the Nobility

"Ahem!! Attention everyone!"

The king started his speech.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your fun but let me say few announcements. First, I wanted to thank my son's swordsmanship and paladin instructor, Emilia Concerto. Now, I want to give her the title of Baronet along with title of Baron to her only son, Ren Concerto."

The king said. The audiences were giving a merry applause.

"The second announcement is regarding my daughter's engagement. I have watched everyone's conduct and now will decide on this matter."

The king said. I decided to give up and walked toward Alicia's side in secret. I took a couple of silver and gold coin from my ring and secretly activated my skill.

"Material Remodelling"

I changed the shape of the coins into a shape of a ring. I made the main frame that would fit Alicia's finger. Then, I made some motif on it with gold and silver gradation in the form of 2 small doves and fences of small roses.

"The man that I choose to be my daughter's future husband is among us. He's Baron Ren Concerto who I mentioned earlier."

He said. I sighed and gave up on refusing anymore. Alicia looked at her left and her right as if looking for someone. I approached her closer. Alicia turned around and widened her eyes seeing me behind her.

"Ren-Onii-sama, no, Ren-sama, I'm so happy!!"

She said as she suddenly hugged me. This kind of thing is normal isn't it? I mean in this world.

"I-I- I have something for you."

I said it. I took the ring I had prepared before. I took her right hand and put the ring on her ring finger.

"From now on, I shall cherish you forever."

I declared. I heard single person clapped his hands. I saw Leo was smiling while doing it. The nobles were speechless and began following his applause. When the applause faded, the music for the last dance started.

"May I have an honor to dance with you, my princess?"

I bowed as polite as possible. Alicia blushed red till her ears and nodded. She took my arm and we started to dance along with the melody. We looked at each other's eyes. We didn't notice that we and Leo along with his partner had become spotlight of the dancehall.

z-H