Chapter 14 Part 2 - First Lesson

"Well, even I said it will be lectures, it won't be like the one you imagined. My teaching principle is not that inefficient."

Chime said. I didn't talk back.

"My method is inquiry. We'll ask a question to each other. You will ask me a question you wish to know about anything and then I will ask you in turn. The class will end after you can answer 15 of my questions."

She said. I widened my eyes at her method. This method probably quite effective as the student will be forced to ask a question. I nodded at her in agreement. If I could endure this, I probably will get the most benefit in this.

"Then, my first question is... What is a dragon?"

She asked me. I widened my eyes at her question.

"Dragon is a magical intelligent being with supreme might, long lifespan, and massive magic capacity. In regular appearance, the dragons would have a reptilian appearance with massive size and magical power. The dragon classification itself divided into lesser dragons, young dragons, adult dragons, elder dragons, ancient dragons and divine dragon but, there are some exceptions in variants."

I explained. Chime nodded at my answer. She looked at the dragons behind me.

"Your answer is good but it's still half-assed. It's correct but also incorrect. Your answer is 40 of 100 I guess."

She said. That was quite low score.

"Then, my question will be the same as yours."

I said. This was interesting.

"Let's start from reviewing your answer. Dragon is a race of intelligent being. That part is correct. About the supreme might, that is not entirely wrong either. Lifespan of dragons also varied. It also goes for the magic capacity and power. There are some dragons which have weak firepower, for example there is a Little Fairy Drake. It has very small size and lived like insect. It was deemed superior in common insect world but they are weak against normal animal and some predator insects as they were close relative of a butterflies and bees. They are almost extinct as some humans hunted them to be made as an accessory, collection, or medicine. Their natural predators also a lot and they are despised by other dragons. Their remnants now are being protected in fairy forest under the fairy queen as an endangered animal."

She explained.

"The lifespan of dragons varied depending on their species and chance of evolution. The shortest lifespan of a dragon is 1 year as the longest currently is 30 millennia. The dragon with lowest lifespan is petite mud worm drake. They are about the size of a centipede and lived in mud near the swamp. They are cannibal and have many predators. They are also saprophyte and eat the decomposed corpses and tree bark of the swamp ecosystem. They are not weak as they had quite strong acid but unless they defeat another monster by themselves, they can't evolve and will die after a year. The longest lifespan is owned by Pascal-sama. Even I said it was 30 nobody knows his real age."

She added. After hearing this, I can't complain that my score was quite low.

"The next matter is about magical capacity and power. You might not know this but there's a dragon which almost didn't own a magic power at all. That dragon is tree parasite dragon. They are quite hidden and almost none has met them as they lived in the top of the world tree as they lived in it as a parasite. They didn't posses any magic on its own as they are connected to the world tree and lived as if they were a part of them."

Chime continued explaining.

"Dragons appearance can also be anything. Be it a bone, a tree, a humanoid, a lizard-like, or so on. And then, about the classification, you're almost correct. The dragons are categorized into False Dragon or known as Lesser Dragon, True Dragon which then divided into Hatchling, Baby, Child, Adult, and Elder, Ancient Dragon, Divine Dragon, and Finally Dragon God."

She added. Now, I completely felt that my answer truly insufficient to satisfy that question.

"Then, let's move to the real answer. Dragon is a race of intelligent being which was born from the fragment of divinity. From this, the dragons can be categorized into Original Dragons, Awakened Dragons, Purebreed Dragons, and Mixed Blood. Original Dragons are dragon which was born purely from Divinity and had high amount of life force, might, magic, and wisdom as they are a part of the god itself. Those dragons then would mate and by the blessing from the god, the embryo will grow and hatched as a purebred dragon. The Mixed dragons are born from the result of the mate of a purebred and another race. And awakened dragons are the dragon which was originally different species before awakened into a dragon like you. That's why a dragon also can be a symbol of god's divinity, symbol of immortality, symbol of wisdom, a symbol of power, and symbol of destruction."

Chime said.

"I see..."

I muttered.

"Then, the next question. From the dragon's body, what is the most important part?"

Chime asked. I gave a deep thought about the answer.

"Ah, by the way, you can stop sitting in seiza. It's quite painful isn't it?"

She added. I thanked her before changing my sitting posture. And as expected, I already can't feel anything from it.

"Then, your answer?"

She inquired. Tch! She didn't give me a leeway huh.

"The heart."

I said resolutely.

"Hou, then tell me your reason."

She was interested.

"Features of dragons are included in the fang, claw, brain, scales, lung, tail, eyes, tongue, stomach, nose, muscle, liver and heart. Scales, fang, claw, and muscle are disposable traits despite of being known as a strong part of a dragon. It goes with the tail, nose, tongue, and eyes. They have considerable amount of superiority depending on the species. But, that also not important. The internal organs such as lung, liver and stomach has a considerable amount of importance and medical effect, they are not that important. The brain part next. It's undeniable that a brain is important. It is storage for memories and wisdom also the center of the thought process."

I stopped for a moment.

"But, this is also not the correct answer either. The head that contain the brain is deemed as important for most of the living beings. But, that doesn't always work on dragons. I've heard a species of a hydra dragon. It was a dragon with multi-heads and had amazing regeneration ability. I've heard a legend that a hydra can regrow a limb even it was the head. That's why the conclusion I had is that the heart is the answer. I've heard once from my teacher that the heart is the center of life. It became the core as well as a vessel of soul. That's why when fighting against a vampire you must aim for the heart and it was important to place the core on undead dragons such as zombie dragon and bone dragons as the core will act as a substitute of a heart."

I finished my explanation. Chime smiled and clapped her hands.

"Correct"

She said with satisfied looks.

"So, what do you want to ask?"

)(L(