Chapter 3 Part 5 - New Home

We returned to the surface. Mother and the rest were waiting for us. When I exited, I looked at the entrance to the basement again. I saw some tattered inscription on the doorframe.

"As I thought"

I muttered.

"Then, do you have anything to say to your mother, Ren?"

My mother said with anger tone.

"I don't want to call those people but it seems like we have to give up and do so otherwise we must give up on this house."

I said.

"I am also think so with young master."

Anastasia added.

Everyone else titled their head and looked at us in wonder. I looked at Anastasia. She nodded at me.

"This house is a house of a heretic."

I declared.

Later, on that day, 30 priests were assigned to purify the entire house. The bones of the people were purified and were brought to be given a proper burial. The animal bones were just purified and I gathered them at a single place. I plan to use them later.

I told the Cardinal who visited us the full story of my deduction while showing the log and the on-site traces of the heresy. Mother hired some of the rookie adventurer to help the harvest of the medicinal herbs as well as the house cleaning and remodeling. The church rewarded me who found the traces of heretic with a magic bag. The Cardinal saw me in better light now or so I thought. Leonardo helped us financially on the replacement of the furniture and the repair.

I decided to remove the cages and prison. I replaced them with shelves for storing the extracted materials and the identified materials. The lab site was reused but the place was cleaned completely. The bloodstains were cleared and I also installed some air duct so I won't be drowned in foam of poison inside.

I also asked some new glasswares for the lab. The pre-identified materials were kept at a newly built warehouse.

m-]