Chapter 64 - End of Invidia

I carried Alicia and Lily out of the dungeon. Both of them were still unconscious so there was no resistance or unnecessary movement along the way. Alicia was sleeping rather peacefully as I princess carried her along with Lily who was curling on her stomach. 

I climbed the stairs leisurely so that Alicia and Lily won't woke up. I needed made sure that there won't be any battle or traps along the way. The times passed by and I finally reached the outside.  

I frowned as I saw the scenery had completely changed compared to before. The previously a town surrounded by thick walls now had changed into rubble and ruins. I could see some former shape of human bodies were thrashed around and there were some traces of brutal slaughter.

The air trembled from the battle at the distance away. I could see the silhouette of the fellow demon lord of mine was facing a Valkyrie in fully released form. 

"It seems like she finally go all out huh?"

I muttered. The valkyrie's figure spread her wings wide and ascended into the further height. The demon lord also flew upward. The valkyrie however flew much faster. Her body was glowing as she ascended and her form slowly changed from a radiant holy battle maiden changing shape into a shining dragon soaring in the sky.

The dragon looked so majestic akin to the lord of the sky as well as the messenger of the heaven of the destruction of mankind. It faced the approaching demon lord before opening its jaw. Even without looking, I could predict the outcome. I put down both my wife and daughter at the safe place near the entrance.

Not long after that, a scorched figure crashed near my feet followed by an angelic war maiden landing figure holding sacred equipment. 

"You took long enough to get rid of this pest, Karina."

I said. The war maiden who looked expecting a praise paled when she heard my words.

"My apologies Ren-sama."

She apologized in hurry. She was indeed my subordinate, Karina. However, her current appearance was completely different from the usual Karina I knew. Her usual blonde hari now had some silver luster in it and her previous blue eyes had turned into gold color also the shining rainbow-colored wings were also clearly visible behind her back.

"But, good work on crushing this backstabber."

I said as I kicked the half-cooked Demon Lord. The scorched demon coughed heavily.

"What? Got something to say?"

I asked her.

"Y-You how can you be still alive after meeting them?"

She said grudgingly on the ground. I could see her glaring eyes looking at me hatefully. I smirked at her.

"Nothing much, I just showed them my power without any reservation at all. Well, that aside. I guess I will do some of my duty as a hero."

I said. I approached her. She panicked and tried to move even it was futile. I summoned my regalia. The holly spear with a flag attached to it materialized in my hand. Without any fear, regret or remorse, I threw the tip to the demon's chest.

Lucio tried to scream but no voice leaked from her throat. The wound from a holy weapon spread at rapid pace and engulfed her whole body in no time and turned her into a pile of ash.

"Farewell for Eternity, O Foolish demon of Envy."

I said to her remains.