Chapter 74 - Conflict in the City of Beastkin

Gentle music was played by the musician. The luxurious interior and service as well as the grandiose menu were the main attraction of the restaurant. And in there, Kaguya was enjoying her meal while once in a while trying to feed Mana who sat beside her. Blade also enjoyed his meal he had ordered. The only one who was being restless was just Erica.

"Umm... Blade-san."

Erica called.

"What is it?"

Blade stopped his hand and replied.

"When you asked me to join you for a dinner, I thought you would bring me to the nearby diner. I really didn't expect that you'll invite me to such expensive restaurant."

Erica explained.

"Huh? Is something wrong with that?"

Blade asked.

"Well, you see... A grand restaurant like this is commonly used by the higher ups, nobles, and public figures. As I am just a commoner I think I'm not that comfortable with that. Also, it might be quite troublesome if someone see you with me here."

Erica said.

"Trouble? Why? I choose this restaurant because the security is good and there's unlikely any ruffian to mess with us as I am the only male among us. Lily's also quite some magnet for troubles too sometimes. And my idiot pupil has some short fuse. That's why I choose the place where there would be unlikely a fight will broke out."

Blade explained.

"But, if someone see you with someone with my race, you might-"

Before she could finish, a voice called out rudely.

"Oya, since when this restaurant has some pest allowed to dine here?"

Blade looked at the source and saw a male tiger beastkin followed by several men in butler uniform. He was looking toward Erica with ridicule. Blade also saw that the eyes of the other customers were looking at her in disgust.

"..."

Erica looked down and fell silent.

"Just ignore them, Erica-san."

Blade said. 

"I-Ignore them? Is there anyone who can still eating calmly in this state?"

Erica whispered. Blade chuckled and pointed at the two sitting at his opposite. Mana was happily chewing her meal as Kagura was also eating hers. Erica was hesitant at first, but then he abide his suggestion.

"Oi, are you ignoring me? You taboo race!!"

The tigerkin said with louder voice. Blade put down his knife and fork. He stood from his seat and faced the tigerkin.

"My apologies but currently we're still having our meal here.If you have something to say, please wait for a while. I might be a tolerant person but if you kept bothering then please forgive me if I might be using a forceful method."

Blade said. He said with calm tone and smiling face. He was acting as polite as possible. But, his eyes were saying otherwise. The butlers who were acting as the tigerkin's guard had their back drenched in cold sweat. They all knew that the gentleman in front of them was someone who couldn't be messed up with.

"Huh? You still don't understand? What I'm telling you is- huh? What are you talking about? Huh?"

His grandiose complaints were stopped midway when one of his butlers whispered something to him. Without waiting for the tiger beastkin finished his words, Blade had returned to his seat and resumed his meal. Before he could finish his meal, a glass of fruit juice was splashed toward the table and ruined the foods.