Chapt. 12: Setting Sail, The New Crewmates, and The Effect of an Action

**Author's Note: I do not own One Piece, Oda does, I do own the characters I made up in this story (ex: Ivy, Cecily (Shadow), and any other made-up characters throughout this story that I might create). Also, please do not copy this story and claim it as your own. I'm editing the chapters. Here is the edited version of chapter 12. I feel like it's better than the original. Let me know what you think.**

Chapter 12: Setting Sail, The New Crewmates, and The Effect of an Action

7-Years-Later

"Everybody is waiting." Ace spoke-softly, emerging from the forest, his black-boots crunching on the gravel as he came to the edge of the cliff, coming behind me, wrapping his arms around me from behind, and resting his chin on top of my head, "I miss him too, V."

I wish I could tell you Sabo is still alive... I thought, leaning back against Ace's chest, shutting my eyes in content for a second before opening-them, turning around, crossing my arms against my chest, and glaring-playfully up at him, "Quit using me as your chin-rest. You know I hate that."

"Maybe if you weren't so tiny..." Ace trailed-off, smirking, sticking-out his tongue at me, and mock-rubbing his chest in fake-pain after I punched him.

During the last 7-years, Ace and Luffy have grown, as for me, I'm still the resident shorty. Makino measured my height at 4ft 8inches. When I stand next to them, I barely reach their shoulders. Since Ace and my birthdays are a day apart, we decided to sail together. Today is the day Ace, Shadow, and I are sailing. All 4 of us agreed that Shadow and I will sail with Ace for 3-years. After that, Shadow and I will be joining Luffy's crew.

"Happy Birthday, V." Ace cheered, his bright-orange cowboy-hat resting on his head, and bringing-out from behind his back a neatly-wrapped present.

"Please tell me you didn't steal it." I groaned, eyeing Ace warily, taking the present from him, opening the present, and my eyes crinkling in adoration, Ace is too kind to die such a terrible-fate.

Lying inside the opened-gift-box was a mint-green fedora-hat. The black-belt going around the hat had designs in the shape of cats.

"I will neither confirm nor deny that statement." Ace grinned, watching my expression, staring-expectantly at me, and smirking-victoriously upon the happy-aura enveloping me, "I figured you'd like it."

"Like it? I LOVE it." I smiled-brightly, giving Ace a gigantic-hug, releasing him after a few seconds, placing the hat on my head, twirling, and raising my eyebrows up at Ace, "How do I look?"

"Beautiful." Ace whispered-faintly, staring-transfixed at me, and faint-blush dusted across his cheeks.

"You spoke too soft that I couldn't hear you." I relayed, scrunching my face up in puzzlement, and tilting my head.

"I said the hat suits you, Chi." Ace teased, breaking out of the trance, sticking his tongue-out at me, sliding an arm around my shoulder, and walking to the pier.

"That Blabber-Mouth squeals one-time and suddenly the nickname sticks." I grumbled, pouting-childishly, crossing my arms against my chest, and shrugging his arm off me.

"In his defense, I didn't exactly leave him much choice." Ace chuckled, walking along-side me, and being tackled by Luffy, "OOF!"

"Be safe out there, Ivy. Both you and Ace have grown." Makino sniffed, wiping a tear from her eye, tugging me into a hug, releasing the hug, grinning-mischievously, a twinkle-sparkled in her eyes, and lowering her voice as she nodded towards Ace, "Especially Ace. He's grown into quite the looker. Girls are gonna start noticing him and vice se versa."