Chapt. 31

***Author's Note: I do not own One Piece, Oda does, I do own the characters I made up in this story (ex: Ivy, Cecily (Shadow), and any other made up characters throughout this story that I might create). Also, please do not copy this story and claim it as your own***

    Chapt. 31: Back to The Present, The Visitor, and The Chore Boy's Pestering

       "Your mother kicked a guy through my glass windows," Zeff droned with the story of how he meet Ivy's mom, "And she threw another guy into that wall behind you."

"What a violent and scary woman," Ussop trembled with fear, before whacking Ivy lightly on the head with his hand, "Now I know where she got her personality from."

"But why was she so angry at those two guys?" Nami puzzled with a frown, "I mean, you don't just kick some guys butt for the fun of it. There had to been a reason why she did that?"

"Oh there was a reason all right," Sanji noted with a glare on his face, "Those two bastards were talking about how the World Government was planning to kill every last person on Ohara like it was something funny."

"I'm surprised you remember that, you were barely a 5 year-old brat at the time," Zeff smirked, turning towards the rest of us with a deep frown, "I don't know the details, but the look in your mother's eyes that day when those men talked about Ohara...it was the look of pure terror and hatred, not unlike the look someone gets if all of their loved ones were murdered."

Ohara...why does that sound so familiar? Ivy wondered with furrowed brows, I was probably barely even a week old, but I think I remember a black-haired girl rocking me in her arms, though the image is pretty grainy, so I could be wrong

"How could I forget, you damn geezer," Sanji smirked over at Zeff, "You made me sit on the floor with Ivy in my arms, while Jay kept kicking me, yelling to let go of his baby sister. When Ivy's mom got back, I had huge bruises from you kicking me when Jay and I were fighting with each other."

"If I hadn't done that, you two brats were going to harm Ivy," Zeff smirked, tapping Sanji on the head with his chef hat, "Not that I really cared though, I just figured her mom wouldn't be too happy with me if I'd let Ivy get hurt."

"Yeah right," Sanji mumbled under his breath, "You took one look at her and started ordering the chefs to keep a close eye on her."

"Did you say something, brat?" Zeff narrowed his eyes at Sanji, before getting up, walking into the kitchen, coming back with a small, dark brown wooden chest that had a dragon design on the front of it, "Your mother left this here, claiming she couldn't bring it with her where she was going."

"What is it? Let me see!" Luffy grinned, climbing onto my back and peering over my shoulder as I opened the box, "Oooh a silver dragon necklace."

"Why would my mom give this to you?" I furrowed my brows, holding the necklace up, "No offense, but she didn't really know you did she?"

"Not even in the slightest," Zeff smirked, sitting back down in his chair, "But she said it was better that way, whatever that means."

"Hey look," Shadow grinned resting on my head since Luffy is on my shoulders, pointing her paw to a small white envelope inside the rim of the chest (Shadow was in her Snow Leopard kitten form), "There's a letter stuck into the inside of the chest."