Chapter Rewrite

"Fish. Fish. Fish." Luffy sang, holding my hand, swinging our arms, grinning widely, carrying a basket with his other hand, and stopping in front of a Fish stand, "OI, MR. STORE KEEPER! I WANT TO BUY SOME FISH!"

"Luffy," I fake-coughed, putting my fist up to my mouth, giving him a stern look, and standing beside him, "Manners."

"Right. Sorry." Luffy grinned, bowing to the man behind the counter, releasing my hand, and holding up his basket, "I would like to buy some fish, please."

"It's good to see your positive grin, Luffy." the stand-keeper grinned, putting his hand on the stand-counter, grabbing the basket from Luffy, and noticing me standing beside Luffy, "Who's your friend?"

"This is Ivy." Luffy introduced, beaming brightly, and a determined gleam flashed into his eyes, "She's my 1st crew-member."

"Crew-member, huh?" the stand-keeper repeated, filling the basket with fish, and raising an eyebrow at Luffy, "What ever happened to you wanting to join that Red-Haired pirate's crew?"

"I decided I'm gonna start my own pirate-crew." Luffy declared, giggling happily, and a mischievous glint shone into his eyes, "I'm gonna have a pirate-crew that's stronger than Shanks'."

"That so? Good luck." the stand-keeper laughed, handing Luffy the basket back, taking the money that I just gave him, and winking at me, "Keep a good eye on that one. He's full of energy."

"I DON'T WANNA HEAR THAT, BRATS!" Mayor Wood-Slap chided, shuffling over to us, baring his teeth at us, and smacking his cane against the ground, "THAT RED-HAIRED BASTARD IS A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE ON THE TWO OF YOU!! DON'T GO HANGING OUT WITH HIM ANYMORE!!"

"You had some stuff that you wanted to get too, right Ivy?" Luffy recalled, plugging his ears with his fingers, sticking his tongue out at him, grabbing the basket, ignoring Wood-Slap, looping his hand with mine, walking to another store, and gazing up at me with curiosity, "When do you think Shanks is gonna be back?"

"He said he'd be back soon. Just be patient, Lu." I smiled, chuckling softly, stepping into the shop, loosening my grip on Luffy's hand, and showing Luffy the list that I made, "Think you can help find these items?"

"But I wanna see Shanks." Luffy whined, slipping his hand out of mine, his frown shifting into a gigantic smile, holding his arm up proudly, and rushing off to find the stuff on the list, "Of course I can, Ivy."

"DON'T RUN IN THE STORE!!" I chided, blinking rapidly when I felt a wind rushed past me, baring my teeth at him, sighing good-naturally, roaming down the aisles, grabbing deodorant, shampoo, and a shaver, setting them into a cart, and the corner of my lips tugging upwards into a smile, One Piece Fact #2: Luffy is an enormous ball of positivity.

"I FOUND ALL THE ITEMS, IVY!" Luffy announced, running towards me, carrying an armful of items, dropping them into the cart, and beaming brightly at me, "CAN WE GO NOW?!"

"Let me double check to make sure I have everything." I mentioned, doubling-checking that he got the right things, looking impressed when I saw a hairbrush, toothpaste, toothbrush, and soap, nodding my head in approvement, ruffling Luffy's hair affectionately, slipping my hand through Luffy's, ambling up to the counter, paying for the items, strolling out of the store, and trudging into Patty's Bar, "Yeah, we can go. Thanks Luffy for the help."

"Shi-Shi-Shi. That's what crewmates are for, right?" Luffy laughed, grinning widely, letting go of my hand, dashing over to Makino, and staring up at her with doe-like eyes, "MAKE ME THE FISH PLEASE MAKINO!"