Chapt. 22

***Author's Note: I do not own One Piece, Oda does, I do own the characters I made up in this story (ex: Ivy, Cecily (Shadow), and any other made up characters throughout this story that I might create). Also, please do not copy this story and claim it as your own***

              Chapt. 22: Ussop's Failed Warning, The Counter-Attack, and The beginning of The Battle

        "Ivy, what happened?" Zoro questioned, running towards the beach with Nami and the three boys on his heels, "We came over here when we saw Ussop running past us."

"Zoro could you wake the rubber idiot up for me?" I called over my shoulder, running towards Kaya's house (Shadow was on my shoulder as usual), "SHADOW AND I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO, TELL LUFFY WE'LL MEET UP WITH YOU GUYS LATER!"

"Ugh," Nami sighed, watching us leave, "It's always the same with them."

"It's just how they do things Nami," Zoro smirked, walking up to Luffy (Luffy's butt was up in the air and his face was in the ground), jabbing Luffy in the butt with his swords' hilts, "OI WAKE UP, YOU LAZY BUM!"

******************

"What are we doing back here?" Shadow grumbled from my shoulders, as we watched Ussop pleading with Kaya to come with her (utterly, failing...poor guy) from a tree branch, "This is heartbreaking."

"This is mild compared to...," I muttered, pulling my cap down over my face before bringing my face back up, "Anyways, we're because I wanted to talk with Kaya before I go back to Luffy and the others."

"That was heartbreaking, but we're going to change that," Shadow grinned at me, "So what do you want to talk to Kaya about?"

"Ouch," I grimaced, seeing Mary shoot Ussop in the arm, and leaping into Kaya's room, landing in front of her, "Kaya, I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"I'm not feeling the greatest so make it quick." Kaya frowned, sitting on her bed.

"I'm sure Ussop already told you this, but let me ask you something," I voiced, looking her in the eyes, "Has Ussop ever lied to you about something as serious as this?"

"Well...no, but..." Kaya admitted, a small hint of doubt in thinking Ussop was lying about this.

"Then why would he start now," I pointed out, walking to the window before turning back towards her, "You saw the look in Ussop's eyes just a little bit ago didn't you? Did those eyes look like a man who was trying to get revenge on Klahadore?"

"Listen, I can't make you believe me or Ussop only you can do that," I smiled at Kaya stepping onto the windowsill, "But I can give you advice, haven't you known Ussop for a while now to figure out what kind of person he is."

Ivy, get out of there, the poop butler is coming to Kaya's room Shadow thought-warned

"I got to go," I called, leaping out of the window, and landing on a tree branch "Just keep what I said in mind Kaya."

*************************

"Ivy, Shadow, you're back," Luffy cheered upon seeing us walking towards them, "Where were you?"

"I went to talk with a friend," I muttered, looking anywhere other than Nami, who was stitching up Ussop's wound (I can't look at needles, or anything sticking out of anyone), "Are we going to help Ussop?"