Chapter Rewrite

"You should get some rest." Marco suggested, walking into the infirmary room, seeing me sleeping in a chair beside Ace's bed, and gently waking me up, "When was the last time you moved from that chair?"

"2 days ago." I yawned, rubbing my eyes, and sitting up, "I'm not leaving his side."

"Pops wants to talk to you." Marco informed, speaking softly, and smiling reassuringly at me, "I'll keep an eye on him until you get back."

"...Ok." I nodded hesitantly, trekking towards where Whitebeard was sitting on the deck, Shadow was sitting on my shoulder in her snow-leopard-kitten form, and standing in front of Whitebeard, "Marco said you wanted to talk with me?"

"Tell me something, Brat," Whitebeard began, staring down at me with scrutiny eyes, and taking a swig of his alcohol, "Where did you get that cat?"

"You mean Shadow?" I questioned, petting Shadow, sitting on the deck in front of Whitebeard, and smiling, "I didn't find her, she found me. She's my guardian angel, I guess."

Guardian huh? How accurate. Whitebeard thought, darting his eyes down at me, his mustache twitching, and glancing down at me, "How old are you anyways, Brat? You don't look tall enough to be traveling with your brother out on the seas."

"That Lazy-Bum isn't my brother. We're just friends." I corrected, scoffing slightly, and raising my eyebrows up at him, "I'm 20-years old. Anything wrong with a short-20-year-old?"

"GAURHAHAHA! YOU AND THAT BRAT HAVE SPUNK!" Whitebeard boomed, laughing loudly, and grinning down at me, "Until that cheeky-brat wakes up, you can take the 2nd division commander's room. Then we'll discuss the 3 of you joining my crew."

"I already made a promise to my little brother that I'd join his crew when he set sail in 3-years." I rejected, smiling, and bowing in apology, "I appreciate the offer though."

"People's lives constantly change, but no matter where you are on the sea, the bonds with ones who become your friends and family will never change." Whitebeard claimed, smiling down at me, and his eyes crinkling, "Over the years, I had children leave the nest, but they still remain my children. It would be an honor to have the 3 of you part of my family."

"I'll think about it." I compromised, my lips twitching into a smile, and rolling my eyes.

"When the 3 of you do join, you're gonna have to share with that Brat." Whitebeard teased, winking at me, smirking upon seeing my red face, and the whole crew bursting into laughter after I stomped off, "You and your boyfriend better keep the noise down during the night."

"H-H-HIS BANDAGES NEED CHANGING!" I sputtered, jumping up to my feet, my face going bright-red, storming towards the head-doctor's office, grumbling under my breath, and banging the door opened, ACE ISN'T MY BOYFRIEND! STUPID GEEZER!

"You must be with that handsome-young-fellow." the head doctor guessed, snapping her head up when she heard the door slam open, and sitting up in her chair, "I'm Greta. The head doctor on The Moby Dick."

Greta was an elder woman with long greying brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a white-lab-coat over a black T-shirt and black pants. On her feet was a pair of black-tennis shoes.

"Handsome? Freckles? HA! He's more of an uncivilized bottomless pit." I scoffed, waving my hand in a dismissive fashion, and grinning at Greta, "My name is Ivy. The Flame-Brain needs his bandages changed."