Chapter 27: Let's Pretend

The next morning, Jane heard a knock on the door. Dahyun wasn't around, because she went home that's why Jane was alone at her dorm. Jane opened the door and she was surprised when she saw Jae.

"Goodmorning!" Jae greeted with a smile.

"Jae what are you doing here?" Jane asked.

"What? Is there something wrong to bring food for my girlfriend?" Jae teased.

"Are you really serious about what you said last night?" Jane said and raised her eyebrow.

"Yup! Don't you trust your SWAEG CHICKEN LITTLE?" Jae said. Jane couldn't help, but to smile.

They ate the breakfast at the school park, and talked about some things. Jane is feeling comfortable with Jae again. The awkward feeling between them disappeared.

I still like her. But I'm happy despite the fact that we are really just friends. BESTFRIENDS. It's ok to be like this, rather that to lose her..... Jae thought, he knows deep inside him that he still likes Jane.

After their breakfast, they decided to walk outside the school since it's weekend.

"Let's take a walk to the village where I'm staying here." Jae said.

"Oh? You moved here?" Jane asked.

"Hmm? My parents just bought a house, so that I have a place to stay. But I don't like staying there cause I don't wanna be alone." Jae said.

"Yeah I know you. You're still a scardy cat." Jane said and stared teasingly at Jae.

"Hey! I'm not anymore. I'm all grown up!" Jae said proudly.

"Really huh? Hahhahaha" Jane said. They laughed.

They have arrived at Jae's village.

"The houses here are bautiful!" Jane said. Jae smiled.

"Jae!" Someone called Jae. Jane and Jae went to look at that direction.

"Jaebumie!!" Jae went to Jaebum. Jane followed.

"How are you?" Jaebum said.

"I'm fine! What about you?" Jae asked.

"De. Same." Jaebum then looked at Jane. Jane smiled.

"Oh. Jane, this is Jaebum. Brian's older brother!" Jae said.

Jinja?! They have good set of genes hahaaha.... Jane thought.

"Annyeonghasseyo. Jane Kim imnida!" Jane bowed at Jaebum.

"Jaebum Im-imnida" Jaebum also bowed at Jane.

"Jaebum Im? Brian Kang?" Jane said with a confused face.

Jae and Jaebum looked at each other then chuckled.

"We're born with different fathers." Jaebum said.

"Oh. Mianhe" Jane said.

"It's okay." Jaebum said smiling.

Jaebum is so different from Brian. What happened to that jerk! Tsk.... Jane thought.

"Hyung I gotta go!" Someone, from behind Jaebum shouted. It was Brian. He went outside the gate.

Brian's eyes widened when he saw Jae and Jane.

"Yah oppa, why are you in a hurry!" Nayeon, followed Brian outside.

**
Earlier at Brian's House...

Brian woke up when Jaebum entered in his room.

"Nayeon is here." Jaebum said. Brian nodded then Jaebum left.