Chapter 32: Revelations

Jae saw Dahyun heading the stage. Dahyun grabbed a guitar and seated on an empty chair on stage. Dahyun mouthed the words 'CAN I JOIN?' and Jae nodded. After his 1st song, he just let Dahyun sing, but he's still playing the guitar. His eyes were locked on Jane and Brian.

That should be me, but I'm sure Jane is happy right now..... Jae thought

After Jae sang 3 songs for the prom dance, he went outside the function hall. The dance is still going on, but the songs playing are instrumental.

Jae can't afford to see Jane and Brian eventhough he accepts that Jane sees him only as her bestfriend and he knows that Jane likes Brian. Despite that fact, he's still hurting seeing them together. Jae sat down on one of the benches.

"May I sit?" He turned around and saw Dahyun behind. Jae nodded. Dahyun offered him a can of soda.

"Kamsahamnida." Jae said.

"Why did you go outside?" Dahyun said.

"I just wanted to breathe some fresh air." Jae said and smiled sadly. Dahyun said. She knows Jae is lying.

"Is it because of Brian and Jane dancing?" Dahyun said. Jae looked down and let out a sigh. They remained quiet for a minute.

"I have no right to be jealous." Jae suddenly said.

"Waeyo? You have the right to be. You're a couple" Dahyun said.

Should I tell Dahyun that we're just pretending?..... Jae thought.

It took Jae minutes to decide wheter to tell Dahyun or not. Dahyun is just starring at him.

"Dahyun. Can I tell you a secret?" Jae said.

"Huh?" Dahyun said.

"Please don't tell this to anyone especially Brian." Jae said.

Dahyun raised her eyebrow.

"Please." Jae said. Dahyun nodded.

"Jane and I are just pretending to be couples." Jae said.

"WHAAAT?" Dahyun was surprised.

"Just pleas don't tell them. I have no one to talk about this pretending stuff."Jae said.

"Waeyo? Why do you have to pretend as couples? I thought she feels the same way as you feel towards her." Dahyun said with disbelief.

"Unfortunatelly no. Haha. I decided to let go of my feelings for her." Jae said.

"Wae?" Dahyun asked.

"I'm gonna tell you everything. BUT PLEASE! PLEASE. PROMISE ME NOT TO TELL ANYONE ESPECIALLY JANE. PLEASE DAH!" Jae said.

"Yow calm down. I promise!" Dahyun said raising her hand. Jae cleared his throat.

"Ok." Jae took a deep breath and sighed. "We had a date one time on a restaurant, and that was supposed to be the day that I'll ask her to be my girlfriend. And then we saw Brian and Nayeon coming inside. Nayeon came to approach us and I asked them if they have got back together, because they were ex-lovers. Then Brian said yes." Jae said.

This was the same thing Brian told me..... Dahyun thought.

"And then, Nayeon asked if Jane is my girlfriend I was about to say 'NO' when Jane said 'YES'." Jae said. Dahyun slightly gasped and nodded signaling Jae to continue the story.

"Ok so the next thing was I was surprised ofcourse, and then after the dinner, Jane told me that she didn't intended to say that. But then I realized, before she could say the reason, I know that she likes Brian." Jae said.