Chapter 4: Badge and Burden

(Y/N) POV
Dream
I opened my eyes and I was surrounded white fang soldiers. I activated my weapon and techniques to kill each and every white fang soldiers. I realized I was in the order of the shadows temple, which made me a lot angrier, killing more and more....and MORE. Then I saw Adam Taurus, the man I despise the most, the man who killed my friends, my family, my MASTER. I charged up to him, but it feels like he was getting farther and farther and farther.
???: (Y/N)!!!! (Y/N)!!!!! (Y/N)!!!!! WHY DID YOU NOT KILL HIM!!! WHERE YOU NOT STRONG ENOUGH!!!! YOU ARE A FAILURE!!! A FAILURE!!!! (Y/N)!!!!
I looked around and see the members of the order pulling me down, their masks replaced by skulls. All of them shouting their grief, their hatred at me. They all wanted revenge, they all wanted to know was I too weak to stop Adam, but the most saddest part is that hearing from them that I am a failure. I failed them, I failed to protect them. I still haven't avenged them. My whole body was almost dragged down by the corpses.

End of Dream

I opened my eyes I was sweating and panting like crazy. It was a good thing I didn't wake the others up. I sat up then layer my back to a wall. That dream....I must.......
Him: morning kid!
(Y/N): why are you talking to me in my head Him?
Him: well I felt you were having a nightmare last night. So do you want to talk about it?
(Y/N): nah....its just a dream
Him: okay then, but I'm here if you want to talk about it.

Him disappears. I stand up and went to the shower. I took a shower and remembered that today was the first day of school and now I have to wear a uniform. I also need to deliver the letter to Prof. Ozpin. I hurried my shower, didn't put on uniform, I put on my usual armor(classic Zed skin) equipped my dual shadow blades given my master Zed and my razor shuriken, and wore my cloak. Before I left I put a note on each of their faces " I left early -(Y/N)". I closed the door then head for Prof. Ozpin's office.

In the office

Ozpin: ahh Mr. (L/N)! What can I do for you?
Prof. Ozpin asked before taking a sip of his coffee
(Y/N): Professor Ozpin Master Zed wished to give you this letter
Ozpin: Zed? In what way are you related to him?
(Y/N): I was adopted by him, trained by him, and I am now the new head of the order of shadows.
Ozpin: oh! wow! Can't believe that guy had a soft spot. But what I can't believe is someone as young as you is now the new head of the order of shadows. Well you can hand me the latter now and I'll read it.
I handed him the letter he opened it and began to read it.
Ozpin: Hey Oz, been a while. If you are reading this letter now it means something bad happened to me and the order of shadows. If this was handed to you by a kid named (Y/N) you have to promise me that you will take care of him and he will finish his studies at beacon academy, he's like the son I that I never had. Also teach this kid to hold back his strength! I haven't taught him how, I only taught him powerful techniques and how to scare your enemies to submission. So please do your best to teach him.
Please accept my condolences for your loss Mr. (L/N). Zed was an old friend of mine and he would help me out on dangerous missions. I shall fulfill his requests.
(Y/N): *sniffle* thanks....Prof. Ozpin
Ozpin: you may now go and attend your classes.

I left Ozpin's office, I head to the cafeteria to get some quick breakfast then went to my first class.

Ozpin POV
I continue reading the letter after (Y/N) left.
I also found out what you asked me to do before. There is a bigger threat approaching, a Human capable of controlling Grimm, her name is Salem. She is also planning to gather all of the four maidens power. I haven't got the reason why she would do that, but be aware now. I suggest you to fortify your defenses and expect the unexpected.
- Zed
So there is a new threat to peace. I looked out the window to the sky.
Ozpin: Thank you for warning us old friend.