Chapter 5: The truth

Yang POV
I was in a burning beacon academy. I look around me to see I was all alone. Adam Taurus was in front of me. Ember Cilica appeared on my wrist. I tried gunning Adam down, but he just keep deflecting my shots. When he was near he was preparing his blade to cut me down. I can't do anything, I just froze in fear. Then (Y/N) showed up between us and he slashed Adam. Adam faded while screaming, (Y/N) looks at me. He was not wearing his mask. I felt happy. I hugged him but then he turned to smoke. I was alone again. I saw a wounded figure laying on the ground. I approached it then notice the body was missing a left arm. I turned the body over and saw (Y/N) wounded face.

(Y/N): Yaanngg, why didn't you help me?! I thought you were powerful?! Why didn't you help me?!
Me: No, no, no, no, no! This, this is not real! I still believe that he's alive! Somewhere!
(Y/N): Yaannnggg!!
Me: NOOOOO!!!!

I woke up from my nightmare. I hugged myself then cried for a while. After drying my eyes a bit, I saw the necklace (Y/N) gave us. I hold it then hugged it while crying.
Me *crying in between*: I.....I know you're out there.......I know you're....still alive......

Ruby POV

I was standing in darkness. Then something white flashed before me. I opened my eyes and saw that I was sitting on Beacon's courtyard. Then someone sat beside me. It was (Y/N)! He was starring at the sky.

Me: (Y-(Y/N)?!
(Y/N): Yeah Ruby?
He faced me. He wasn't wearing his mask. I tear up a bit then hug him. I felt that he hug me back. We were like this for a  while. I look back at him to see him facing the sky again. Then I smelled smoke. I look around me to see a destroyed beacon. (Y/N) then look at me again, this time he was all wounded and bloody and was missing a left arm.

(Y/N): WHY?! WHY RUBY?!
Me: No, no,no,no, NO!!

I woke up. I look around for my necklace that (Y/N) gave to us. I found it inside my back pack and hugged it.

Me: (Y/N)......please come back....

Then I heard sword swings not to far from here. I looked around me and saw Jaune missing. He must be practicing. I look behind a couple of bushes and trees. I saw Jaune practicing sword swings while listening to a recording of Pyrrha's tutorial. Pyrrha would occasionally call us if she has time. She's usually busy with her own practice. I guess this video is the latest tutorial Pyrrha sent.  I smiled well at least Pyrrha and Jaune are happy, especially since they already confessed with each other...hehehe Arkos ftw!......I just wish (Y/N) could see them. I'm sure he'll dote on them.

I return back to my sleeping bag and laid down while holding the necklace.
Me: (Y/N)....
I fell asleep.

Back to Menagerie

(Y/N) POV

Me and Yasuo were by the beach. I wore my suit and so did Yasuo wore his. We were waiting for a Grimm Sea dragon to appear. Dad's creation was a small device that could attract a specific type of Grimm and how many. Fiora and the others called in before I start this mission.

Fiora: Hey sweetie, be careful, okay? You still promised me a date after that.
Leona: Ooohhh little bro has a date!!
(Y/N): *sigh* Leona I already told you not to call me little bro-
Leona *in a scary voice*: And what did I tell you about not calling me big sister?
(Y/N) *in a frightened tone*: I-uh-Oh I apologise big sis Leona. Please forgive your oh so foolish little brother.
Leona: Oh of course I will.
Lucian: Hahahaha, kid you have it rough.
Senna: Oh, this just reminds me of your big sis when we started dating.
Lucian: *scoff* please don't remind me of that. Anyways good luck kid.
(Y/N): Good luck on your missions as well.
Lucian: Oh, make sure Yasuo don't drink too much Menagerie booze.
(Y/N): Heh, I'll try.
The coms shut down.
Yasuo: Heh, stop me if you can kid.
(Y/N): That's why I said I'll try.
Yasuo: Hehehehe