Chapter 4: Two sides of a coin

(Y/N) POV

I was laying down on the grass. I slowly sat up and looked around me. I'm on a hill and then around it is just an empty space of white. Then a person appeared, the person was wearing a ninja suit and armor and he has a mask same as mine, he was standing on the bottom of the hill. The person then walked up to me. We met mask to mask.

(Y/N): Who are you?
Zed: I am Zed.
(Y/N): What do you want?
Zed: The real question is...what do YOU want?

I put my finger on my chin and think of an answer.

(Y/N): I want power.
Zed: Oh? and why is that?
(Y/N): I...I don't know. I just feel like I want power for vengeance.
Zed: Then prove your worth.

He kicked my chest and I was launched backward. I saw my weapons appear on my hands. I ready the blades and I saw Zed ready his. I charge at him and try to stab his chest but, he blocked it and then he slash my left arm. I quickly raised my left hand, the blades managed to block his attack. I head butt him and then kicked his chest. He was launched back a bit. I continue my attack of slashing and kicking. While Zed was dodging my attack he managed to time a slash and managed to grab my arm. He threw me behind him . I launched off and didn't manage to think of a way to stop it. So I ended up rolling my body on the ground as I was put to a stop by him kicking my face. I lay on the ground and was panting from being tired already.

Zed: Is that all you got? That was pathetic.

Zed then walked towards me and he ready his blade. He was now standing above me. I want to retaliate, but I can't. My body just won't get up.

Zed: Try again next time.

He then stab me in the chest. I huff as the blade planted on my chest. I close my eyes and I was in darkness again.

Ruby POV

I was pacing back and forth in the medbay tent. Jaune just told us that Spike went missing. Yang was really angry at Jaune.

Yang: You had one job Jaune. One job!
Jaune: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just that he used his cute stare! I tried to resist it but I was futile!

Jaune said in his defense. Just then Azure went in the tent. I rushed to her side using my semblance.

Me: Azure! Can you help us find Spike?! or help us find (Y/N)?!
Azure: I am sorry Ruby but I can't. Telling you that will highly impact the future. In fact I'm not allowed to interfere too much with this planet's history.
Me: Then you teaching me is-
Azure: No, me teaching you isn't me meddling. It was destined that I teach you Ruby.
Me: W-woah. I-I uh...thanks, Azure.
Azure: No problem Ruby, plus I wouldn't worry too much about (Y/N) and Spike they could handle their own. We need to start you're training now.

I nod, determination filling my eyes. Professor Ozpin and Pyrrha entered the tent.

Prof. Ozpin: Hello everyone, it's nice meeting you again.
Pyrrha: Hello.

They both greeted us. Jaune slowly walked to Pyrrha and then he hugged her.

Jaune: I miss you.
Pyrrha: I miss you too Jaune.

Nora then bear hugs the both of them as Ren just pats Pyrrha's back.

Prof. Ozpin: Okay now that everyone's here I have an announcement to make. Ruby here will be trained by Azure, while the rest of the hunters-in-training will be trained by me, Qrow, Glynda, and Ironwood. Understood?