Chapter 4: Let's talk about the dance!

(Y/N) POV
After getting a back ache from the girls' hug, Prof. Goodwitch caught our attention.
Prof. Goodwitch: Ehem, the reunion is nice and all Mr. (L/N), but we still have mock battles to conduct.
(Y/N): Right!
I turn my attention back to the girls.
(Y/N): okay girls back to your sits. Let's catch up later, Kay?
They all nodded while wiping the tears in their eyes. I wore my blood moon mask again. We returned back to their sits. I was placed in the middle, Ruby and Weiss at the left and Blake and Yang at the right. Then they kept a tight hug on both arms. I guess they think I'll leave them again....well their tight hugs isn't good enough to keep me in one place.
Prof. Goodwitch: Okay, before our mock battles were disturbed by Mr. (L/N)'s dramatic return. Hmm, ah yes Mercury who do you want to fight?
Mercury: Him
The dude with grey hair points at me.
Thoughts
Big boss: Hey kid, remember to hold back so you won't accidentally kill someone.
(Y/N): I'll try to.
Big boss: try?
(Y/N): Well after finishing that one mone of hellish training, I think the phrase "hold back" can hardly be found in my dictionary.
Big boss: What can I say, I ran a strict training methods.

I snapped back to reality and jumped down to the arena. Mercury jumped down as well and got into a fighting stance. I don't see him wielding any weapons.
(Y/N): No weapons?
Mercury: meh
I removed my blood moon blades (your shadow blades in the classic skin) and it disintegrated into red smoke.
Mercury: Going easy on me?
(Y/N): No, I'd like to use fists from time to time.

As soon as Prof. Goodwitch signaled us to start, we charged at each other. I punched him in the face and he kicked me in the chest. He was launched back while I was unfazed by his attack. Hmm, his kick doesn't seem...normal. He recovered fast and charge at me again. He kicked me by the chest again this time there was a shot. I slid back a few meters.
(Y/N): gun boots?
Mercury: What gave it away?
He said cockishly. Oh boy....what I hate the most....the weak acting cocky. I snap my neck, joints and kmuckles.
(Y/N): *sigh* You just have to act cocky, don't you?
He grin at my remark. I charged at him fast, making it look like that I teleported in front of him. I threw a barrage of punches mostly on his chest. I threw a powerful punch which threw him a few meter back. My mask's eyeholes glew red and I summoned six shadows around him.
Thoughts
Big boss: Oh, you gonna do it?
(Y/N): Of course
Big boss: well.....just don't kill him, okay?
(Y/N): I'll try not too.

I bump my fist together and it glew red. I charged at him and threw a jab at his chest. Switched places with a shadow and gave him a right hook to the face. Switched places again and uppercut him, which launched him a bit. I jumped with the remaining shadows and did a barrage of fist on his chest and face. I landed back down and him crashed on the ground with a glowing red X mark on his chest.
Prof. Goodwitch: Mr. (F/N) why is there a glowing red X mark on Mr. Mercury?
Mercury stood up groggily. He shook his head.
Mercury: I surrend-
Before he could finish what he was saying the X mark on him pulsed then exploded. He opened his mouth and released some smoke before he layed down unconscious.
Prof. Goodwitch: Mr. (F/N)! What happened to Mr. Mercury?!
(Y/N): Oh uh...don't worry Prof. Goodwitch. He's just...unconscious.
She sighed and called for a stretcher to take Mercury to the infirmary
Prof. Goodwitch: That is all for today.And remember that the dance is this weekend, but you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses.
We all left the room. I ask them about this dance Prof. Goodwitch was talking about,

(Y/N): Hey what's this "dance" they're talking about?
Yang: Oh, it's kinda lik-
Weiss: It's one of the most wonderful event this weekend, there will be dancing, partying, and and and....*mumbles* dates..
Weiss mumbled the last part so I didn't hear it well.
(Y/N): Uhhh, ates?
Yang: Just imagine it like prom *mumbles* dense idiot.
Yang mumbled something but I didn't hear it. I also wonder what is this "prom" she said.
(Y/N): eeerrr, What's a prom?
They all facepalmed except for Blake, who is reading at her notes intensely. I ask her about the dance.
(Y/N): Hey Blake, so you gonna attend the dance?
Blake: n-no, I can't
I look at her and notice that it looks like she's hiding her face. I lowered her notebook and saw her eyes have bags.
(Y/N): Blake, what's with the eyebags?
Blake: I....I'm still bugged out by Roman and the White Fang.
We exited the building. Then I heard someone calling Blake and grabbed her arm. I turned around to see,errrr What's his name again? I'll just call him monkey boy again. I saw Ruby and the others watching from a corner, signaling me to "stay low". I don't know what they're saying but I just leaned at a wall far from being noticeable but near enough to hear their conversation.
Monkey boy: Hey Blake! You uh, doing okay?
Blake: I'm fine
Monkey boy: *clears throat* So I hear there's this dance going on this weekend. Ah, sounds pretty lame but, you and me I'm thinking not as lame huh?
Heh, not much of a smooth talker.
Blake: What?
Money boy: The dance, this weekend, you wanna go or what?
Blake: I don't have time for a stupid dance!
Blake said really angry. I guess she snapped at the Monkey boy instead of me huh?Blake just walks away along with Ruby and the others going to their next class. I stayed behind for a while.
(Y/N): Hey, monkey boy!
Monkey boy: huh?
Monkey boy looked at me somewhat pissed. I walked away slowly. Wait for it...
Monkey boy: Wait, why did you call me?!
I turned my head sideways.
(Y/N): Sorry, but she's mine.
I continue my walk. I texted Ruby and the others that I'll be skipping classes today to train. They all replied with a "JUST REMEMBER TO COME BACK" I could tell that the all caps means that they mean it. I guess they don't want me to disappear again. I go to Emerald forest and trained there. I summoned a shadow copy of Big boss and continue my training.