Promblematic family

i come home from a busy day of work, i slid off my shoes as I walk into the family room, I see a sleeping  y/n on the couch, blake is playing video games, jessica was playing with barbies, and chase wasn't downstairs.

"hey guys" i say and jessica runs into my arms and squeals "DADDY! i got a new barbie let me show you!"

i smile and nod, blake doesn't look away from his game, "where is your brother" i ask, and he pauses his game.

"oh um well he kinda-" he stutters and i immediately feel nervous.

"what is it?!" i ask anxiously.

"he- he snuck out to go with his girlfriend" he says. he had a girlfriend, and he snuck out? this boy.

y/n was still sound asleep, she was probably dead tired from working all day.

"honey, i'll play barbies later i have to find chase" i say sorrowful and she nods understanding. i smile at her then go into my office and call chase.

he answers and says "hey dad"

"where the hell are you?" i yell and i can already see him rolling his eyes.

"all i did was go to  dinner with a girl" he fires back.

"first off, you're broke so what money did you use because that girl better not have paid for you and her. and who the hell is addison?!" I yell into the phone.

"she's just a friend dad my god, and i have my own money" he spits.

"i'm picking you up right now, and you better explain when i get there." i say sternly. i hang up then rub my temples, i just wish we could be an unproblematic family.

i rush to the living room and shake y/n, she shoots up and looks at me confused.

"hey, i need to go pick up chase it will be a little, i just got home but i'll pick something up for dinner ok?" i tell her and she nods kissing my lips.

"KEEP IT PG" blake yells and we laugh.

"but we need to talk about chase when i get home with him" i say and give her the he is in deep shit look.

"oh man, ok babe. love you" she says

"i love you too hun" i reply and head out to the car.

as i pass the front room i notice one of my grammys is missing, no, did he take that to show off? i start panicking, i've worked so hard he better not have lost it.
-
i pull up to tim hortons, and he was still in the restaurant sitting at a booth. i see my grammy on the table, he definitely was using it to get a girl. my blood was boiling.

i walk in and chase's face drops, he looks at the girl and smiles. i walk over to the table, she looks up at me and her face becomes red.

"hi, i'm chase's dad, he has to go. do you need a ride back to your house?" i ask the embarrassed girl.

"um, no i can call my mom" she says and i nod.

"ok i'll wait till they pick you up, i can't leave you alone. something could happen" i say, i don't care if she made chase sneak out, i needed to make sure this kid would get home safely.

"so chase, care to tell me why my grammy is sitting on this table" i ask tapping my foot, then i get a tap on the shoulder.

"oh- you're shawn mendes!" a girl exclaimed.

i smile then bend down to hug her, we take a selfie then she says "my mom used to have a blog of you back when you were 15, she was obsessed with you!" she laughs.

"tell her i said I love her! Have a great night honey" i smile and she waves goodbye.

"now, explain" i demand. and chase shrugs.

"addison, are you two a thing?" i ask her, she bites her lip.

"he had been i don't know, he was picking on my friend. i told him to come meet me here because i wanted to talk to him in a respectful way, i didn't like the way he was treating her. he told me he had gotten permission and i didn't know he snuck out. i'm sorry mr.mendes" she says, and i raise my eyebrow at chase, he looks as if he just saw the devil himself.

"don't be sorry, you didn't know. can you tell me what he was doing to your friend, and i can assure you it won't happen again" i ask, and disappointment washes over, my kid has been bullying some girl.

"yeah but can we just talk over here" she says pointing to the other side of the restaurant. i nod and follow her over. i shake my head at chase and he looks down.

she takes a deep breath, "everyday after school he would come up to her and make fun of her, and just pointing out every flaw she had. then one day he did more then that, he waited for her after school and beat her up. she came crying to me. she had a concussion and a fractured ankle-" she shakily says but i cut her off.

i put my hand over my mouth and start to tear up, my son has done this? what no way. "i'm so sorry, i- will talk to her parents do you have their numbers" i say wiping the tear away from my eyes.

she nods and writes it down, "my
mom is here, thank you for making sure my friend will be alright" she says and i smile waving her goodbye.

chase gets in the car, and i just sit there. not knowing what to say to him first.

"why? what was the point. she is a fucking girl chase, that makes it even worse" i say looking at him, but he looks out the window.

"all i ever do is get bullied, because i'm shawn mendes' son dad, so i decided i should be the bully instead" he confesses.

i laugh, then start the car, "well look where it's put you. was that even a smart decision though chase, were you even thinking?" i yell at this point, and he just leans against the window.

i shake my head and we just drive through somewhere and pick up food for everyone.

"finally you're home!" y/n smiles, i don't say anything, i was so upset i just needed to talk to her.

"i brought dinner, wash your hands and get a cup of water" i say and all the kids do so.

they start eating then me and y/n go on the back porch.

"what did chase do?" she asks rubbing my thigh.

i explain everything, and how i felt.

"chase mendes didn't that?" she asks as she starts sobbing, she can't even believe our kid would do that.

"how should we punish him?" i ask rubbing her back.

"well first, we are going to the girl's house and he is apologizing. and no phone or video games until further notice" she says, and i agree.

i sigh leaning my head back.