Deaf

i open my locker and throw my books into it, slamming the door shut. my friend ian opens his mouth and talks, did he really forget again that his best friend couldn't hear? what a dick.

i roll my eyes, the guy knows i can't hear yet he still talks to me as if i could read lips, which i can't.

  i tell him he is a dick and can go fuck himself, he laughs and says he is sorry, i just nod. a lot of people stare at me, i mean yes i've been told i'm quite attractive but i've also been notified that us deaf people make grunting noises almost, so it makes some people uncomfortable, i try to stop, but i can't, because i can never tell when i'm doing it.

i was walking with my head down as i head to the lunch room, but i bump into someone, causing me to fall.

i stand up and look that i just bumped into, y/n. the most popular girl in my school, her friends look me up and down and smirk.

one of her friends makes a rude comment i'm assuming because all of her friends laughed with evil stares, y/n scrunched her eyebrows shocked that i didn't say anything or showed emotion.

i can't hear, that's why i am not answering you.

she pushes her friends away and looks me in the eye before she raises her hands, 'hey, i know you can't hear, are you ok?' she asks.
i blush, she knew sign language. 'well yeah, i don't know what they said'
'oh right, sorry, well it's best if you didn't know' she says with a smile, i smile back and she kisses my cheek.
'we should hang out sometime, you seem cool' and i smile like an idiot, this is why i like her. she isn't one of those stereotypical high school popular girls, like the plastics from means girls, she is the complete opposite. nice, friendly and caring of others around her.
'thanks, and yeah i'd like to hang out, y/n' she smiles nodding.
we start walking back to the lunch room. and all eyes were on us, they were probably all thinking, ew why would she hang out with that freak?

i don't know honestly, but i'm her freak.