9/11

i miss you daddy, it's been about a week since me and you last played barbies and played soccer. i asked mommy why she was crying last night, but she said she was fine.

i can't wait for you to come back, i finally got my art project back and i made it just for you! hope you can come back soon.

-5 years later-

hey daddy, i just turned 10, but you missed my birthday party just like the last five ones, i keep on asking mommy where you are but she started to cry again.

i'm getting worried daddy, but also i'm thinking of everywhere you could be. maybe you're on a secret spy mission! can't wait to see you soon daddy.

-5 years later-

hey daddy, i'm 15 now, i know. i'm so old my back is starting to hurt, anyways, yesterday at school someone asked who my
dad was, and i said he still hasn't come home from work. they asked for how long, and i told them 10 years, they started laughing. and they told me you died and aren't going to come back, is it true? i'm starting to believe them.

-3 years later-

it's been 3 years now, and i'm graduating. and mom finally told me what happened, you died in 9/11. i miss you so much, i hope you're watching over me and are going to guide me through my life, i miss when you'd sing me to sleep, and take me on your world tours, i miss you daddy. rest easy up there.