Im not gay

Imagine living in a world where being gay was the norm, and being straight was different, you were bullied and the weird one out of the group if you labeled yourself as straight.

Unfortunately, this story begins with Shawn Mendes, he grew up with two loving moms, and a younger sister.

He played hockey and took singing lessons, his favorite thing to do is jam out to John Mayer, his room was filled with posters, and in that second dresser drawer hid his song book. His moms knew he loved to sing, but didn't know he was interested in writing music. Most of his songs were about his feelings, which were different.

He'd lay awake at night, having a feeling, he wasn't gay, and he was scared. Why couldn't he just be like everyone else? Why did he have to be different?

But, these songs he wrote, were amazing. Also every straight kid would be able to relate to them, and even gay people. It was just about growing up different.

He hid his sexuality from his parents, scared of what their reactions might be. He definitely wasn't ready to get bullied.

He was known as the cutest boy at school, guys gushed over him 24/7, I mean who could blame them? That perfect soft smile that just melts your heart, the curled brown hair paired with a matching set of hazel eyes. Not to mention his ripped body, he was the definition of perfect. His lazy eye and scar only made him more perfect, his imperfections made him perfect.

But this girl, his eyes were set on. Y/f/n. God, she was drop dead gorgeous, she was the most beautiful thing on earth. His heart sped up a little when she'd passed, she always smelled like vanilla, since he first smelled that, it's been his favorite scent.

She had lots of friends, but the question was, is she straight? How could He figure out, most importantly, will she think Hes freak if He asks her?

Shawn was at school, sitting in the cafeteria totally zoned out, thinking about you guessed it- y/n.

"Shawn?" Matt asks waving his hand in his face, Shawn shakes his head looking at matt.

"What?" He says taking a bite out of his sandwhich.

"What does that mouth do" matt teases Shawn, he rolls his eyes shaking his head.

"Anyways, I really want a straight friend? Like they seem boring and need some spice in their life! Ya feel?" Matt exclaimed and Shawn rolls his eyes even harder then last time.

"Why does it matter what their sexuality is? You just want a boring friend, it wouldn't matter about what type of genital they like" Shawn spits and matt was taken back, and so was the rest of the table.

Shawn looks around and just scoffs, "whatever"

Frustrated, he gets up from the table and heads to his locker, he smells a familiar scent, vanilla.

"Hey Shawn" y/n says as she leans her head on the lockers, Shawn is taken back but soon puts on a warm smile.

"Hello y/n" He says, running his hands through his hair. Y/n gulps, man was that a turn on. Sweet jesus did someone turn up the heater?!?

"So, I was wondering if you'd like to meet up at my house tomorrow after school, you know to do school stuff" she says biting her lip. Shawn smirks, god was that a huge turn on. It's like he could just smash his lips onto hers.

"Sounds like a plan miss.y/l/n" He says and she smiles like an idiot and walks to her next class.