Stealing your case

"dr.mendes, id like to inform you that this case wasn't yours. i'm the head of this case" i say through gritted teeth.

"and dr.y/l/n you asked for my
opinion, the patient could be paralyzed if we don't get her up to the OR" he sternly says looking through her charts.

"no! she clearly needs an angioplasty, her arteries are too clogged! she will die if i don't do this first!" i yell back as i start moving quickly to the nurses.

"i need to get an OR prepped for an angioplasty" i smile and shawn, dr.mendes rolled his eyes.

"no, we need it for a craniotomy, now, this patient doesn't have very long" he says as he jogs to the OR, i look the nurse and she shrugged.

"DAMN YOU!" i scream stomping my foot and everyone turns to me.

"what?" i snap and they turn around fast.

"do you have an information on jennifer cahoone? dr.mendes is preforming a craniotomy" i asks one of his interns, i think her name was jo.

"um, yes, as soon as he got in there, there had been too much bleeding which resulted in death" she sadly says, and i ball my fists up.

i run into the OR, where i see shawn in the empty OR sobbing as his hands are pressed against the wall.

he turns around wiping the tears away immediately, "listen before you start giving me crap" he sniffles and i smile, this was great. finally he was wrong and i was right.

"hey! stop smiling!" he says and i playfully roll my eyes.

"i'm the head of this case and now i have to tell the family that their mom just died" shawn sighs, and i rub his back.

"listen this happens, it's all about trail and error" i sympathize.

he nods and we walk out together. "oh wait, i have to check on my patient owen had sent to me, come with me?" he asks.

"yes i will" i say as we head to room 597.

"hello i'm doctor mendes
and this is doctor y/l/n." shawn says flipping through the chart.

"well look at him goegria, he is a cutie" i'm guessing the mom says to the young girl, she blushes and smiles at shawn, but he was too focused on the chart.

"ok so your chart says you've had serve on and off heads aches, right?" he asks crossing his arms.

"yes, i had been doing a dance routine and fell, i got right back up and was fine but then about five days after i could barley stand up, and then that's when i had my seizure." she explains, and i think, about all the possibilities. i wasn't a  neurosurgeon, but i remember from my internship what the attendant of nero had taught me.

"dr.mendes a word" i say as i step outside, he follows behind.

"she said she had taken a fall, i think it might me an aneurism" i say and i was positive, everything pointed to one.

"but when's she went to the doctors they didn't check, but maybe because it was such a small fall because they didn't even bother to check" i explain furthermore and he nods still thinking.

"the chances are one in a million" he argues and i roll my eyes.

"we could possibly save this girl's life dammint shawn, can't you just realize sometimes i can be right?" i say and he shakes his head.

"you see right there, that's the aneurism" he points on the brain scan and i was shocked, it was so small to be causing all of this for this poor girl.

"nice work dr.y/l/n" he smiles