Pulling the plug

it's been a month since the horrible tragedy hit me and shawn's family, he had been at one of his concert and was shot. he is still alive but is on life support, you know when you're so used to seeing it on tv you don't even realize how real it is until you see it.

i knew shawn wasn't going to make it, it was just a matter of giving the doctors the ok to pull the plug, which i knew would come soon.

i walk into shawn's room, and he just fianlly looked peaceful, stress free. i smile slightly and hold his hand. i start crying,

"you probably can't hear me, but it's ok to let go. it's ok to stop fighting shawn, you've had such an amazing life and will be so safe up there with my dad. you guys can watch hockey together" i sniffle, but laugh.

"i love you" i say praying that there would be a miracle and he'd wake up. or that this was all one big prank and he would open his eyes and start laughing, i just prayed to god it would happen, but it didn't.
-
"i think it's time, this medical bill is going to be a lot if we keep him on longer" i sob into the phone talking to the mendes', they explain how they couldn't watch, that'll be at home because they just couldn't see their son like that. i understand how scary it must be though.

aaliyah, manny, and karen all come to the hospital to say their goodbyes.

"ok when we pull this plug, the monitor will start beeping, this means his heart is stopping." the nurse explains.

"he won't hurt at all through right?" i croak as squeeze his hand, the pain was so real, i'm about to lose the love of my life.

"not at all, he won't feel a thing" she reassures and pulls the plug, and i hear the awful beeping noise shoot through my brain.

"no! no! shawn i love you so much, please don't please don't die" i say laying my head on his chest, and my tears
soaking him.

the nurse stands there holding her tears back, which made me cry even more. she turns the machine off and calls out "time of death 7:54 am"

i sob, it felt like someone just ripped my heart out, i was still laying on his chest, not wanting to let go.