Helping

"Y/n, listen, all you have to do is talk to him" I say as she paces around her room. I lay on her bed with my hands in my palms.

"Shawn. He is probably the hottest guy in school. How do I just talk to him?" She sighs walking faster.

"Um, ouch? Listen, Ian is easy to talk to. He's such a pussy anyways. People are always thinking his this tough guy, did you know when we got drunk he confessed to watching project runway in his free time?" I say sitting up, y/n stops walking and playfully rolls her eyes.

"No way, I love project runway too! Oh my god we could watch it together he could-"

"Hey idiot! You've got a pussy in between your legs, that doesn't mean you have to be one. Just talk to him" I sigh reaching for a lollipop.

"Hey that's my last cherry one" She snarls snatching it out of my hand I jump off out of the bed and stand close to her, grabbing it back.

She looks in my eyes as I'm an inch away from her face.

"Listen, talk to Ian, just know, your missing out, on all of this" I say as I lick the lollipop. She swallows hard and I mentally high five myself.

"Oh fuck off, you sucking on a lollipop makes you look gay, it doesn't turn me on" She says taking the lollipop out of my mouth and puts it into hers.

"I am not gay!" I say following her out of her room.

"Yeah right, we all know about you and Brian" she smirks.

"Hey! Fuck off, ya? I said he was good at hockey. THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME GAY" I yell as I get into my car.

"Mhm" she smiles as she buckled her seatbelt.

"God! You really love pushing my buttons. You know what, I hope you step on legos"
I say pulling out of the drive way.

"Oh really?" She blankly says turning up the radio.

"Yes really, now where the fuck am I driving you to?" I say biting my lip.

"The craft store, prom is soon and it's girls ask guys out, I'm gonna ask Ian" she smiles and I nod driving to the store.

"Oh my god! Shawn! Look, glitter, oh! Look! Pastel poster board. This is all so cute!" She squeals as she puts endless craft supplies in the cart.

"Ok girly hope you got money, this is at least $200" I say patting her head, she stops and looks sadly at the cart.

"Party pooper" she frowns putting half of the items back on the shelf.

I chuckle as we walk to the register, the chastise stares at me and blushes. Man, I just get all the ladies don't I.

"Oh hey good looking" I say to her, she cracks a smile.

"Hey" She shyly says.

"Call me" I say writing my number down, she nods enthusiastically and finishes.

I swipe my card and grab the bags, me and y/n walk back to the car.

Y/n crosses her arms, and I scrunch my eyebrows.

"Is someone jealous?" I smirk, she huffs.

"Oh my god! You're jealous!" I laugh and she turns her head, giving me the death stare.

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"You are so jealous!"

"Oh I will kill you mendes!"

"Oh you love me" I say sticking out my tongue, she sighs and leans on the window.

"Seriously, why are you so upset? You're literally buying supplies to make a prom poster for Ian, shouldn't I be the one that's upset?" I ask, she turns towards me.

"Yeah I guess, it's just" she then stops, I pull on the side of the ride and face her.

"Y/n, what is it?" I say and she sniffs.

"My feelings, shawn. I really like Ian, but sometimes my heart tells me you. You're my best friend, and I don't want to like you. I want Ian" she says bitting her lip.

"I don't know what to tell you" I shrug, turning the engine back on. The ride back was silent, I carry the bags in and drop her off. then walk home.

I sigh as my sister sits on the couch with her shit boyfriend, hell shes in 8th grade, and has a boyfriend.

"Hey Shawn" she smiles, I smile but give matt a glare, he gives me a twisted face and I roll my eyes.

"Your boyfriend's a dick!" I yell walking up the stairs.

"Shawn!" She yells, I slam my bedroom door and lay on my bed.

Y/n said she liked me, did I like her? I guess...she was a great friend.

But I promised myself, I'm not letting someone break my heart again. If she still likeD Ian it wouldn't work.

I liked how things were now, being best friends.

Plus, I like sleeping with girls. I mean, I sometimes feel lonely, but I'm not looking for any type of relationship.

I grab my phone and text Ian.

Shawn: yo dick sack y/n likes you, don't turn her down

Ian: shit don't fuck with me bro, are you serious?!

I scoff.

Shawn: yeah man. Don't hurt her or I will stab your throat

Ian: you won't do shit lmao, I'm not like that anyways.

Shawn: the fuck. Yes I will pussy boy hop off my dick bye

Ian: I'm the gay one...mhm..

Shawn: I will fucking slap the gay outta you bye

I shut my phone off.

I wake up to to a person nudging me, y/n was standing over me. I stretch and sit up.

"What do you want" I yawn.

"Ian. I want Ian, help me" she says, and I roll my eyes.

"I already did, you're welcome" I say and she smiles.

"Yay! I talked to Lauren" she says as we walk down the stairs.

I stop in my tracks.

"You did what-"

"I talked to her, I know about what happened but-"

"Y/n, you know what she did to me. I'm not putting up with her shit" I say as I walk into the kitchen and grab a slice of bread.

"Um carbs in the morning?" She says and I bite into it glaring at her.

"Anyways, I know, but she's sorry she didn't mean anything"

"I'm not getting back with her. I'd rather be single" I say getting a glass of orange juice for me and a glass of coconut water for her.

"Thanks" She says sipping it.

"Enough about spouses. What shall we do today?"

Her phone starts to ring and I motion her to pick it up, her face lits up. It's Ian.

"Hey! Oh, yeah of course! Ok, yeah.. I'm ready. You're already here? Cool!"

"Sorry Shawn, I gotta run bye!" She yells as she runs out of my house.

No I'm not jealous, I'm glad she is starting  to hang with the guy she loves.

I'm happy for my bestie.