The talk

"Shawn, I think it's time we talk to Jessica, she's 13.." I say as I sit next to him.

His body stiffness up, and he looks at me.

"Why? She's so innocent" he frowns, and I chuckle.

"She's in 8th grade, she probably knows most stuff" I say and he just gives me a look.

"Fine" He says, and we call her down into the family room.

"Hey birth givers" she greets and takes a seat, we smile and then her face drops.

"Am i in trouble?" She asks worried.

"No, not at all pumpkin, not at all" Shawn reassures.

"Daaaad, I'm not a pumpkin! My biology says I am a human, and a female" she says making me let out a laugh.

"Alright, Girl, it's just a talk every teenager gets." Shawn says and I rub his back.

Jess stares deep into his eyes which makes Shawn struggle to find the words.

"Oh my gosh! You're about to give me the talk" jess laughs, and me and Shawn look at eachother.

"Listen-"

"No dad it's cool, I already know what a penis, vagina, intercourse, STDS,-"

"Ok ok that's enough" Shawn says.

"My poor heart" I say imitating Shawn and jess giggles.

"Seriously, it's like yesterday you were a baby and now you know what all that stuff is" Shawn says, and I nod sadly, I did miss our baby girl.

"Dad you know your song lights on" jess asks and Shawn's eyes pop out of his sockets.

"Ok I was 18 at the time not-"

"Oh and that interview where it says that you lost your virginity-"

"Jessica!" He says sternly and she crosses her arms.

"All I'm saying is it's normal for a 13 year old to know, I'm a smart cookie and wouldn't let anything bad happen to my body. I'm not an idiot" she proudly says and hugs us, Shawn let's out a breath and smiles.

"Thank god" He says bring her into another hug.