Meeting him for the first time

Requested by @elizabethyoung_15
-Elizabeth's Pov-

"Alrighty, sure. Yeah, ok?" I say into the phone, as my sister demands I get her coffee. Even though I thought of being a bitch and saying no, she was studying so I might as well just do something nice.

I take a left and turn the radio up, let's just say it's horrible being a dancer...when you hear music you just can't- not dance.

I arrive and rush inside, I smile at the scent of coffee lingering in the air. Trying to recall what my sister wanted, I looked at the menu.

I settled on getting my drink first and sitting down, then getting hers.

"May I have a tall iced vanilla iced coffee?" I say to the barista, she smiles and I hand her the money and wait for my drink to be called.

My feet start tapping as I become impatient, it's been like 5 minutes? The shop is barely full. Maybe 5 people at most.

I find a table and take a seat, the shop was cute. Too bad it had horrible service. A ring on the Bell was heard and that was a cue a new person walked in. Maybe it was someone that was actually going to make my coffee? Who knows.

Well, it wasn't that.

At all.

Instead, a boy walked in. In sweats and a sweatshirt, his cheeks a slight rose color and his curly hair ruffled.

"Ok thank you" He says, no accent? Weird, American voices.

He looks around the tiny shop and I know I said there was like 5 people, I lied there was like 15. But still, no excuse for no coffee.

The only open seat was across from me. I blush and look down as he walks over.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" He asks, and I think.

"Yes, it's reserved for the one and only..."

"Shawn Mendes" he chuckles.

"Yup! That's him, have you heard of him?" I ask as he takes a seat.

"You're a funny one, love the accent such a kiwi" He comments, my jaw falls down a little.

"Did you just mistaken me for a kiwi? I hope a kangaroo kicks your-"

"Oh I'm sorry, I just couldn't help the fact that you called me an American when I talked the barista" He comments and I bite my lip hiding a smile, I said that out loud?

"Anyways, I'm Elizabeth, call me Liz though my bro" I say, I had such a swaggy lifestyle. (Totally kidding)

"So, liz, since I now get the honor to call you Liz, I was wondering if you'd go on a date with me" He asks holding his chin in his hands. I smile like an idiot before answering.

"Shawn, you know, meeting a stranger then getting asked on a date? Is it my lucky day?" I say and he cracks a smile.

"It's very lucky day for my fellow friend, eh" He comments and I laugh.

"Eh? So Canadian, mate"

I was so lost in talking to Shawn that I forgot about my coffee. It still wasn't made.

"I still haven't gotten my coffee" I comment and Shawn scrunches his nose.

"Now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't either." He says

We get up and go to the counter, to beat the workers up. Just kidding!

"Excuse me?" Shawn asks on worker, she walks over and nods her head.

"You see, me and my wife's fish recently drowned in a horrible accident" Shawn stutters, trying to keep the act, and I play along, putting my face in my hands.

"And all we really wanted was some coffee just to keep us up for the funeral we're preparing for" He sniffs the worker looks at us weirdly, but gives us our coffee, as mad as I was that I didn't get my coffee, I still got a date with Shawn Mendes out of it. What could be better then that?