Over protective dad

"Mom, are you sure dad will let me wear this?" Jess, my 16 year old daughter asks.

"He can deal with me if he has such a problem with it" I smile, she nods excitedly as she finishes packing her bag.

We were going to the beach, and me and her got her a new bathing suit. She was super excited to wear it, but nervous to how Shawn would react.

"Mom, I'm going to go put my bathing suit on" she says walking into her room.

"Hey babe" Shawn smiles as he finishes lathering up chase's body with sunscreen.

"Hey boys, you ready to get a tan?" I joke, chase laughs.

"Mommy! Me and daddy are gonna build a huge sand castle, like huge" chase says, Shawn smiles.

"Sounds good to me, let's get everything in the car, jess is just getting dressed."

As I lay out my beach towel and Shawn lays his, jess takes her shirt off along with her shorts. Leaving her in her bikini.

Shawn didn't notice because he was talking to chase, a few boys came her way, she smiled and walked over to them.

"Y/n what the hell is my daughter wearing!?" Shawn screams, causing jess to look back. Her face turned bright red as Shawn started darting her way.

"Shawn wait!" I yell but he ignores me.

"Boys, get away from my daughter" Shawn says through gritted teeth.

"Dad's stop it!" Jess yells, but it's no use.

Shawn already threw her over her shoulder, putting his shirt over her body.

"Jessica, you are a 16 year old girl, I never want to see you wearing clothes like that. Ever! Do you understand me?" He says, jess bites her lip trying not to cry.

"You know what Shawn, take a step back. I was wearing that stuff when I was 16, why can't she? She's a smart young lady and can hold her own. Let her show off her body" I say, and jess smiles to herself, shawn balls his hands into fists.

"Y/n just shut the fuck up! Just shut the fuck up" he yells and chase tries hard not laugh.

"Shawn, take a walk" I say calmly, he shakes his head and walks towards the car.

"Jess watch your brother for a little" she nods and starts playing with chase in the sand.

"Shawn" I say, he looks up to me.

"Yes y/n?" He says annoyed.

"Listen, you really went off on jess, was that really something you needed to do?" I ask.

"Y/n, I don't care, I don't want her to be dressing in such revealing clothes, she could get easily used and she could get raped. I don't want my 16 year old daughter to every have an experience where a man is trying to use her" He says, on the verge of tears.

"I get that, I really do. But she can't just stayed covered up scared because of what if. She needs to go out and live life, show her body off. I promise you I understand how upset you must be, but just hear me out. She's getting older, she wants to wear what she wants. You need to be more flexible" I say running my hands through his hair.

"You're right" he mumbles kissing me, I smile and we get up. Heading back to where our towels were.