Keeping secrets

last night y/n had to go fly back to y/c/n, because her parents had gotten into a bad car crash, she didn't want to alarm the kids so she told me just to get them ready for school and say she just went on a trip for work, i texted her good morning and asked her if everything was ok , but i didn't get response.

"ALRIGHT WAKE UP! SCHOOL TIME!" i sing out and i hear groans from all three bedrooms.

"i don't want to go!" jessica whines.

"shut up!" chase, yells as he stumbles out of his bedroom to the bathroom.

and there is no answer from blake, this kid. he always needed a personal waking.

"wake up dude, you have school" i say and he shoots up and smiles.

"why so excited?" i laugh.

"IM THE STAR STUDENT!" he screams in excitement.

i chuckle then go into jessica's room, she was already dressed in what y/n had picked out.

"good morning sweet girl" i hum and she giggles.

"daddy can you do my hair in pig tails!" she asks and gets out her hair bands and comb.

"yes! mommy taught me so they won't look bad anymore" and she smiles. she was so adorable.

after i finished doing her hair i go to the kitchen and heat up some waffles for them. and pour orange juice.

"where is mom?" blake asks as he chomps on the waffle.

"she has a trip for work, she will be back soon, no need to worry" i smile and he nods.

"where is mom?" chase asks, was he not just sitting at this table? damn he must be deep in thought.

"i'm not telling you because i just told blake" i say as i clean up.

"ok i was in a deep thought can you just tell me" he says.

"what were you thinking about" i ask looking at him.

"to why you're lying to use about mom, i know she just flew back to her hometown because grandmom and grandpop got into a car crash." he spits.