Chapter 12: Sudden picnic

(Korean)

Ama's P.O.V

The morning finally arrive as I walk out of my bed and took a shower until I'm completely fresh. Then, I wore another long sleeve shirt but now, it is a boat neck shirt with no words at all. I like plain shirts. I put my watercolour inside of my cling bag and go to the boarding house pantry. Last night I've been preparing a picnic bento since I might stay at they place I'm going until night.

Then, I'll go to the lobby, getting ready to go. "Morning Miss Kathy." I greet her as I saw her walk out of the warden's room.

"Good morning Ama. Going out again?" she greet and ask me.

"Yeah, finishing my project." I smile at her and give my room key to they reception.

"Have you eaten your breakfast?" she ask before I leave.

"What's the menu?" I stop before I'm going out.

"It's toast with jam." she answered.

"Might as well get some of it." I said and go to the dining room.

The food has already been serve so I just eat the toast quickly and sensibly then drink tea orange juice and finally go back downstairs. I bid Miss Kathy then go to the bicycle and scan my ID card. Then without further ado, I cycle towards the destination I'm going.

First, I got into the Seoul park but I just keep on cycling on the cycling path until I'm near the forest. Without hesitation, I cycle into the thick forest until I got to the hill like path. Since I want to arrive there without wasting much time, I cycle the hilltop then down again. The hill is not that tall but it's still inside of the forest.

When I know I'm about to arrive, I put my bike hidden inside of the bushes and walk forward until the forest turn into a plain, big, grassy field with one big tree nearby the thick forest on my left side and the right side, the forest have a U shape which there's a panoramic view of more greenery. There, I walk towards the edge and open a cover of the painting with the easel on it.

I've been leaving this painting ever since I was in grade 9. It haven't barge or ruin, it's still perfect as I was first painting it. The painting is the panoramic view I'm looking right now but it have different colours separated one by one and it's not yet finished. It has the starlight as the sky is night and blue coloured meteor. However, I put down my bag and go to the big tree first.

To respect, I form my hand like I'm praying then bow down 90 degree. I straighten up myself and said with a smile, "I'm back." I know I might sound crazy but I have something that connected to this place. "I'm sorry it took so long. I was in my hometown, school holidays as usual." I look at the tree. "I'm continuing my painting now. I hope we can talk again sometime, if you are free."

After that, I take a last peek on the tree then switch my look to the panoramic view and continue my painting with the watercolour that Hanmi bought me. The air is cold, while the trees right now are brown and wilting because of the season due to fall with flowers and grasses to colour up this ancient forest. My mind control my body as I keep on painting the scenery with the landscape view on my paper. My right hand do the painting while my left hand standby with the colours.

The painting is almost perfect but it is halfway until it finally finished. My smile crept on me ever since and I never seize to take off or pull away my position right now. The forest meant everything for me. My heart desire comfort from the reality. I found myself inside of this forest.

My right hand stop painting as I heard a faint sound coming from the forest. For the first time, I ignore it but slowly the sound is getting near. So I put down my brush and pallet then walk slowly, nearing the forest. Without doubts, the sound is getting louder as I heard a singing type voice.