Chapter 37: Acceptance

(Korean)

Ama's P.O.V

"Morning sis!" Kotaro startled me.

"Morning Kotaro." I turn to him with a smile then turn back to the coffee table to continue my revision.

"What's this?" he ask then I look back to him. He is pointing to the breakfast that I made for him.

"Breakfast." I replied simply.

"But... why is it this much?" he ask again while staring at the ten layers of pancakes I prepared for him sigh sides of omelette and bacon.

I just chuckle for a while then respond, "It's your reward."

"For what?" he look much more confused to me now.

"I just got good news actually." I said.

"Which is?" he is getting interested while sitting down on his chair and start to take his cutlery to start eating.

"This morning I got an email from my school," I start and he just him in understanding. "Congratulation Kotaro, you are officially Matrix Global School students." I ended with euphoric feeling by thinking about it.

Immediately after I spill the beans out, Kotaro dropped his cutlery by sudden then stared back at me, giving me his face filled with sticky maple syrup and visible pancake from his mouth and the pair of eyes of surprise.

"Did you just try to eat whole of it?" I said with shock.

He close his mouth and from my view, I can see his adam apple moved indicates that he swallowed his food. And then he drink water in a rush and let out an exasperation of surprise. He turn bald to me after getting his breathing back to normal.

"Are you serious?!" he exclaims.

"Yeah." I replied. "Even more good news, you've got full mark on both entrance and scholarship exam."

"Seriously?!" he exclaim again and I just said yes with a nod. "Yeah, goodbye my miserable life in Busan Foreign School."

He pulled away from his seat and start to jump with happiness then he even start to dance in victory. It might take a while since he is cheering like he just won a lottery. Luckily, it's education lottery. And here I am, could not have been more proud of it.

"Congratulations again." I said after he finally sit on his chair again. "In addition of your full result of scholarship exam, the headmistress gave you a privilege."

"Seriously?!" he used the same word again. "What type of privilege?" he ask.

"Since you've got full mark, you can choose either private school or international school according to your liking." I explain.

"Meaning?" he gave me a questionable look then continue his eating.

"Not all people who registered through scholarship exam could have this choice." I begin to explain. "For example such as me, your sister," I said with proud. "I've got scholarship right after primary school graduation and they put me in international school. Others, such as Jihun, applied through examination, he got in to private school."

"Okay..." he sound like he do not understand yet. A boy got full mark on the hardest entrance exam to school do not know what this is mean. I have no idea whether to be proud again now.

"To simplify it, people such as Jihun himself, didn't get full mark to have this type of choosing privilege." I clarified it. "Since you sis not graduate primary school yet, that's why the headmistress give you this privilege since she didn't know your primary school grade yet."