Chapter 18: International Day

(Korean)

Mark's P.O.V

The wardrobe was just emptied as the shorts transfer to the bed and to the floor. Chenle and Jisung are the one who did it. I just wear a normal simple shirt but they just try to find a perfect wear so they could impress Ama. I've been telling thousands time that she will probably wear something traditional or simple yet they're all wanna wear something to impress her. So far as I know Ama, she is hard to be impressed.

"Hurry up guys!!" Johnny hyung shout from downstairs.

"We don't have all the time in the world." Taeyong hyung sound nagging right now.

"We're trying to impress Ama noona!" Jisung replied while I just stare upstairs with my hyung.

"Why though?" Taeil hyung look at me and I just shrug my shoulder.

"What is Ama gonna wear?" Winwin hyung ask.

"I texted Ama but she answered, 'spoilers.'" Yuta hyung said. "Why does she like to say that?" he look at me then.

"She's mysterious and so do all of the VOEZ." Chenle answered, probably eavesdropping us since he's still upstairs.

Not soon enough, Chenle and Jisung finally downstairs wearing their casual shirt. All of us. Just glare at them and Taeyong hyung just sigh in disappointment which made them confused by all of our reactions.

"That was long." Johnny hyung speaks out. "And you guys just wore your normal shirt after all those time we've been waiting."

"Blame Chenle hyung." Jisung point to him.

Chenle just hold his chest faking that he hurt in the heart. "And I thought we are in this together." he look at Jisung.

"We are if you're the one who's been searching through all of my shirts." Jisung said and they start to argue.

"Stop arguing with each other." Taeyong hyung broke the intense stare. "Today is a special occasion day so let's just have fun then."

"Sorry mom Taeyong." Chenle and Jisung said in unison and bow down to him.

"Let's go now." Taeyong hyung said and all of us go to our van.

Our driver hit the road and I've been texting the four who stayed on the boarding house. Why do I get a picture of Jaemin clinging on Ama? Jaemin is fine, he's innocent and everyone like Ama, that make sense why everyone like to hangout with her and her friends.

Anyway, as we arrived, Jisung, Chenle and I as usual have to go out first and go to the venue while the others are putting on mask again. The school have been decorated beautifully, like the whole hallway and every corner of the classroom. A lot of students participate on doing a lot of activities but for now, we have to go to the auditorium.

"Hi guys." Jeno saw us and wave to us as we walk towards him with the others.

"Where's VOEZ?" Chenle look around.

"They're somewhere else." Jaemin answered.

"This morning we didn't get a glimpse of Yoshi, Jihun and Ama though." Haechan added.

"Not even in the cafeteria." Jaemin shook his head.

"Are the hyungs here?" Renjun change the subject.

"They're 'changing'." Jisung answered with air quotation.

Without wasting more time, we move towards the auditorium where there's a lot of student sitting down. We just sat down anywhere together and look at the empty stage. All of us just search around for VOEZ but no sign of them at all. In the end, the headmistress of the school came and give her speech as all of the students keep calm and quiet.