Chapter 32: Spirits and Human

(Japanese)

Ama's P.O.V

The light from the sun fill up the darkened room and touches my skin, giving it the suns warmth, although, it's still winter right now. It blinds me until I have to covered it with my hands, not just by closing my eyes. Okay, now I sound like a weird vampire. It's eight in the morning already and I've already prepared breakfast for Kotaro.

Without guilt or anything, I put down a note besides Kotaro's breakfast then took a picnic basket. Seems like a perfect day today for me to put in the final touches on my painting. I'm all set then wore the scarf that Mark gave me during Christmas. Slowly, I closed the door, not to make a sound, even a tiny a little bit, then walk on my normal pace.

Since I don't have my own bike nor this dormitory have one, I decided to walk. It's quite surprising that this blind morning, there's still people, but not much of people are outside. Some are waiting for the bus, others are exercising.

Nevertheless, that won't bother me today. Since I knew that today will be a freedom day for me, it's better for me to finish my work. The journey to the forest from the dormitory are not that far anyway. At least I'll be there by forty five minutes.

Exactly like how I calculated, I already arrived at the entrance of the forest. With ease as usual, I walk inside of the forest until I get to the place. When I arrived, the easel and the painting are still at the edge of the cliff. My mouth form a warm smile.

I walk towards the tall tree that is nearby the thick forest and show its might first then make a praying gesture and said, "I'm here again, Kitsune." When I straighten my body, I still flash a smile then turn around.

"You are always welcome here, Amaterasu." I stop my track when I heard that familiar voice which made my eyes to widen.

The only thoughts that I have is that he finally back. For some reason, the hot liquid that run down from my eyes form by sudden. With those tears, I spin around and saw the human figure wearing a fox mask with seem to be a male kimono on one of the big tree branch.

"After all these years." I weakly smile as I look at him.

"I'm sorry for making you wait a long time, Amaterasu." he replied and jump down gracefully from the tree.

"You're back." I involuntarily hug him. "Where have you been all these time?" I ask in between sobs.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, Amaterasu." he replied with the same word again. "I have a duty but on the same time, I have someone to meet and that's you."

"Thank you for coming back to me." I pulled away and look at his face that covered with mask. "And as a return, you have to tell me everything until I'm convinced." I poke his shoulder furiously and change my gaze to a much more serious one.

"Okay, okay, I got it so stop poking me." he said and pulled away. I say, I could hear him chuckle. "But, aren't you gonna finish your masterpiece first?" he pointed to the easel.

"Kitsune."

Before I could replied, someone else called his name. This surprises us so we look at the back as that I where the source of the voice came from. Another humanoid figure walk towards our direction with seem to be a blue and white masquerade mask wearing a blue coloured female kimono. However unlike Kitsune's mask, that figure mask show it's eyes.

 However unlike Kitsune's mask, that figure mask show it's eyes