Chapter 23: New students

(Korean)

Ama's P.O.V

"Morning Ama." Yoshi and Jihun greet me as usual as I walk out of the lift to go to school.

As usual, our normal day will start when we walk towards the cafeteria, check the menu for breakfast, take the food and eat it while having a normal conversation until the other three VOEZ came and have a conversation with us. And again, NCT Dream also arrived and join in our conversation.

"Ama noona." Jaemin called me as I just took a bite of my bread. "Where were you last weekend? We've been calling and messaging you several times, why you didn't answer?"

I hold that question for a moment as I swallowing my food and answered, "I was out with Yoshi's cousin."

"You know them?!" Mark suddenly look up to me.

"One of them are my close friend during primary." I added.

"Ama," Yoshi is the one who called me next. "Can I borrow your phone for a while?" he held out his hand.

"State your purpose first." I said, hiding my gauntlet away from him.

"You know, stuff." he shrug.

"Better give out a better excuse next time." I replied and continue eating.

"Give me your phone." Fen demand.

"No." I replied without hesitation and feeling scared.

"You're good." Fen nod her head and I nod my head too.

After a while, we don't have anything to talk about afterwards. All I could hear now is just, the chewing sound of Yoshi, Jihun and I eating our food. Others are either playing games or watching videos through their phone.

"I miss Talent showcase." Chenle suddenly broke the silence.

"Me too." Jisung agrees to it. "What's the other event gonna be next?" he look at the six of us.

All of us just grin our face and replied, "Halloween party." Followed by a maniacal laugh by Hanmi and Fen. They sound like a witch right now.

"Now, I can order lots of costume to wear." Hanmi blurted and surf the Internet straight away.

"That was fast." Ming said, looking at Hanmi right now.

"It's that time of the year again where everyone will be wearing lots of awesome costume." Jihun blurted.

"And of course, there's us who's wearing a realistic costume." Fen added.

"And the one who will be in charge of the haunted house." Yoshi added and all of us grin, leaving NCT Dream look confused.

"Since Halloween is getting near," I speaks up. "We have to pay visit the..."

"Coffin maker." they others finishes it.

"Coffee what?" Mark look confused about our talk.

Fen sigh then replied, "Coffin maker, the one who makes the coffin for dead people."

"And what is that has suppose to do with Halloween party?" Jeno ask in questioning look.

"You don't know?" Ming turn to him and attract everyone's attention. "Every year, during Halloween party in our school, there will be one student who have to die in order to entertain the other spirit so they won't wrecking havoc in our school."

"Nonsense." Jeno refuse to believe the story but the six of us just did a poker face to him.

"Last semester, one of our schoolmate die in a road accident, on the way to the party." Yoshi added and the atmosphere is getting tense in here.