Chapter 21: Talent show

(Korean)

Ama's P.O.V

The day of talent show has arrived. Everyone looked ready and nervous at the backstage right now as they have probably been practising more than one week just for this day. I can see a lot of groups dancing, singing and many more. VOEZ and I however, take a little peak outside of the backstage curtain and doesn't feel scared at all to perform. We kinda use to it.

"So," Fen speaks. "Where's your cousin?" she's asking Yoshi.

"Not here yet." Yoshi answered while moving his heads in search of his cousin.

"I feel very enthusiastic and happy that your cousin will be here for a long time." Jihun blurted happily, sounds like he knows a lot about Yoshi's cousin.

"Oh yeah, Yoshi." I called him as I remembered something. "You didn't get to tell me your cousins' name last week." I said and Ming nod his head in agreement.

"Their name is-"

"Is everyone ready?" Miss Nemala ask as she go through all of the performers with her attendance for the performers which interrupt Yoshi's answers again and made our head enter the backstage again.

"Seriously? Why is it every time I'm about to tell you guys my cousins' name, there will be an interruption." Yoshi complained. "I'll tell you guys after talent show when they meet me." he suggest.

"Everyone's here Miss." her assistant of the day, Miss Paige answered.

"Where's the school idol?" she look around for us.

"Over here Miss." Hanmi wave at her to get attention then Miss Nemala just mark down something on the attendance slip.

"What time is it?" Ming whisper to me.

"It's, 8 a.m. sharp." I answered. "And we have around 30 minutes left to start the program."

Afterwards, we all just standby as people in charge are taking care of the microphones, instruments, music, PA check and other than that. Since Yoshi will be performing for the opening, I have to play the piano since I won't be singing.

"Where's my emcees? Don't tell me they're late?" Miss Nemala said out loud in a rush.

"We're over here, Miss." a boy just wave at her and Miss Tan realise it.

"Isn't that the same person of the international day emcee?" Fen ask, pointing at them from far away. "What was their name again?" she look at us like we have the answer.

"Holly and Sean." Jihun answered. "They're from grade nine." he added.

"So any of you guys will take them as your apprentice?" I ask.

"What about? Do you have one?" Fen replied with a question instead.

"Yeah I do. The name is Arin." I answered.

"Shot gun on Sean." Ming said. "I did some research on him too. He's good in dancing, average grade is B and enter the school through sportsmanship scholarship."

"Damn, you got a good one." Jihun respond.

"In that case, I'll take the sassy Holly." Hanmi added. "That girl average grade is B too, there's no way I'm gonna let that go."

"Three more spot and we all finished." Yoshi hold his chin, thinking about it.

"Ama noona!" someone's voice called me from behind so I turn around and saw Chenle who's running towards me with Mark.

"Hey Chenle." I greet him as he straight away hug me and spin me around. "Are you ready partner?" I ask Mark even though Chenle still hugging me.

"Yeah." he nod his head with courageously.