Payback

I wake up at 6:15. I look out my door. All the lights are out except the really dim witch light. I close my door and pull out my laptop.

I look up people nearby to make Isabelle's dress. I see one that is not far from the school. I go to the website and find an email address. I also find out that the lady that sews the clothes and dresses name is Makayla barbers. I pull up my email in another tab and type in the email. I tile it can you help me? In the section where I write my email I say 'hi mrs. Barbers. My name is clary fray. I have designed a dress for my best friend for our school dance Friday and I want to give it to her as a surprise. Can you possibly make it for me? I would pay you for doing it for me. Please let me know if you can.' I hit the send button and close my laptop.

I get off the bed and look through the bags for something simple but cute. I find a long black skirt and blue top with a black cover to go over the middle. I lay it on the bed and go in the bathroom to shower. 15 minutes later I come out and put the clothes on. I hear an alarm clock go off but I don't look whose it is instead I lock my door and continue to get dressed. I go back in the bathroom and blow dry my hair and brush my teeth. I unplug the blow dryer and and walk back in my bedroom. I pull open my sock drawer of my dresser and grab some socks.

I hear a knock on my door. I unlock and open it. Isabelle stands there and walks in and shuts the door behind her. "You look great actually in that. I wasn't sure when you picked it out but it actually fits you and looks awesome. Now time for hair and makeup to make you look even better and make Grant sorry he ever cheated" she says and drags me to the bathroom. I sit on the counter while she does my makeup. She makes it light and look natural but puts lipgloss on. I get off the counter and look at myself and I admit I do look great. She turns me around and brushes through my hair. She leaves it down. We walk to my closet and she throws open the door. She starts looking through my shoes and pulls out a pair of black combat boots and says "here wear these. They will match the best." I put them on. 

We walk out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. Nobody is in here. I pull out a page and throw open the fridge. I grab a breakfast Sandwich I guess someone left. It's mine now. Isabelle grabs some cereal from the pantry and starts eating it. I heat up the breakfast sandwich and I pull it out and izzy says "that was Alec's." I smirk and say "well he is not here now so it is mine now" and I take a bite. We sit at the table. I get a water and sit down to eat breakfast. I hear two feet walk in. I know it is jace but I just keep eating. "You know that is Alec's right" jace says and I take another bite, look at him and say "izzy told me but it is mine now. You snooze you loose." He rolls his eyes and leans against the counter and eats a hard boiled egg. I get a text from Simon and look at it. He says 'I'm riding the bus with you guys. I will see you soon.' I finish my breakfast sandwich and clean and put the plate in the sink. I write a sticky note saying 'Alec, I ate your breakfast sandwich. You weren't here and your name wasn't on it so it is mine now. You snooze you loose buddy' I take it and stick it to the fridge and the three of us go to get our backpacks and go to the sidewalk and wait for the bus. Izzy hands me the $100 and says "this is for the dress." I say "thanks" and put it in my backpack. We are standing on the sidewalk when jace says "you look great clary." "Oh good the plan is working. Step one complete" izzy says and jace looks confused so I tell him "we are planning a payback. Step one was to make me look amazing and grant jealous and you had to say that or something along the lines to know the plan was working." "Well it is" he says and gives me a quick kiss. The bus comes around the corner 2 minutes later.

We get on and just about every kid on there looks at me either like they want me or they want to be me. We go sit in our usual seats in the middle of the bus. Jace turns to look at me and says " ya know, I dont't know about his plan of yours. My clary might be taken from me." i smile and say "I am not going anywhere, and besides I have been asked to the dance by the quarterback of the football team and I turned him down." A bunch of girls walked over to me and gave me their $100 for their dresses. "Dang clary you will be rich by the time this week is over" jace says. "Well I have to be able to pay for someone to make Izzys dress somehow." I pull out my sketchbook and work on the dresses for jovanni. So far I already have one out of 7. I get one done before Simon gets here. Jace and izzy are talking and I remember I need to call rick Carlson and see how he wants me to turn in the designs. I dial his number and he picks up on the third ring saying "hi clary!" "Hi rick. I finished those designs for you. How do you want me to get it to you?" "Hm let's see..., we can meet up somewhere in he city. Where would be good for you?" I turn to izzy and whisper "izzy, where is a good place to meet in the city?" "Central park" She says and shrugs and turns back to talking to jace. I tell rick "we could do Central Park" I tell him. "That's fine. When is best for you?" "I am currently on the bus for school and I have to go run an errand after school. How about tomorrow after school. Say 4:20?" "Sound good. Can't wait to see what you have done." "Thank you I will see you tomorrow" I say and hang up. "So who are you meeting in Central Park tomorrow after school" jace asks with a raised eyebrow. "Oh calm down, it is just rick Carlson from Sherri hill I called to tell him I need to give him the designs." "Ah" is all he says.