A declaration

2 years later

I wake up to hearing my name. "Clary, Clary, Clary you need to wake up sweet love" I hear. I groan. "I know" the voice says. I open my eyes.

I go into the closet to change. I find a white shirt and a brown leather jacket. I put on some tan colored jeans and brown combat boots. I get ready for the day and Jace and I go down to breakfast.

"When is the ascension ceremony" I ask

"When is the ascension ceremony" I ask. "Tomorrow" he says. "That's a lot sooner than I thought it was. You think Alices ready" I ask. "I don't know. I think Jonathan is the one to ask that question, he has been the one training her" jace says. "That's true" I say.

"I can't believe it's been two years without Grace" he says. "I know. I hate it. Two years of her life we can never get back" I say. "I hate it too. We can call Stephanie and Travis after this if you want" he says. "I'd like that" I say.

After we eat breakfast we walk around the castle. "Where's Chrissie? I haven't seen her this morning" jace says. "That's true. I haven't seen river either" I say. River is the only puppy of hers we decided to keep. "River" I call. River comes prancing down the hallway. She's a cute little thing, at least in my opinion she is. She's the runt of the litter and nobody wanted her so we kept her. "Where's Chrissie River" I ask.

(This is a picture of a Doberman collie

(This is a picture of a Doberman collie. Above is river)

She walks down the hallway and we follow her. She is like church in the way that she knows where everyone is. We go find Chrissie in the kitchen with her head in the dog food bag. "Chrissie" I say. Her head snaps up and she looks at us. Her eyes are wide and like she just got caught, which she did. "No ma'am. Get out of the kitchen" I tell her. She runs out of the room. River stays with us. "Thank you for eating out of your bowl River" jace says. She smiles and wags her tail. I pet the back of her head. She has long fur like Chrissie but looks like bear mostly.

"I'm going to go get some work done" jace says. "You want me to come help" I ask. "No that's okay, you just go do whatever. You can come after lunch, I've got it" he says. "Okay" I tell him.