A werewolf problem

I look up and see Luke and Jace. When Luke got here I have no idea.

I stop washing the dishes. "Okay," I sigh, "What's the problem?" "The pack wolves are getting taken," Luke says. "What do you mean taken," I ask. "I mean, every time someone from the pack would go on border patrol they would disappear," he says. "How do you know," Jace asks. "Someone who hasn't gone out told me after they had no choice" Luke answers. "Why didn't they have a choice" I ask. "Maia and bat were taken. They have no alpha or beta now and they came to me" he says. I nod. "Okay, we were going to come to your house anyway tomorrow so could we just come talk over what to do tomorrow" Jace says. Luke nods. "Okay I will see you tomorrow then" he says. He leaves the kitchen.

After I finally finish washing dishes I ask jace, "where's Grace?" "With Alec. As soon as she saw him she reached for him and started crying until he held her" Jace answers. "Alec may just have to move into the castle with us if she gets too attached to him" I joke. "I know it's a terrible problem" he says sarcastically. I giggle.

"I'm going to get ready for bed" I say. "I will try and pry Grace from Alec" Jace says. "Good luck" I say as I walk out of the kitchen.

I go get changed and ready for bed. Jace finally comes back with Grace after a while. She is crying. Poor baby.

"Come here baby"I say and take her from jace. I bounce her up and down and try to calm her down. It eventually works. "Shh... good girl. Lets get you changed and we can get you in the bed too" I say. I set her on my bed and change her clothes. By this time she has quit crying completely and is just looking at me. Cookie walks in and sees Grace on the bed. Grace sees her and gasps. Cookie comes over to Grace and stays right beside her. "Well I know if we ever need a babysitter for her we have plenty of people and a dog who would be willing" I say. I pick her up and put her in her bassinet and Cookie still stays next to Graces bed on the floor. "The Cookie babysitter might be cheaper" Jace says. "Yeah really" I say.

I change into something to sleep in. Something that's soft. Once I finish washing my face jace says "So I've been thinking." "That's never good" I say. "I've been thinking about this whole wolf getting taken thing" he says. "I don't know who would take them or why" I say. "Me neither" he says back. "I mean who would possibly want to kidnap a bunch of werewolves" I ask. "I don't know Clare, I just don't know" he says. "It doesn't make any sense" I say. "No it doesn't but we will figure this out. We have to. Its part of our job" he says. I nod and say "I know."

"Come on, I will read to you" I say. He jumps in the bed fast. I giggle and grab the book from his duffle bag. I get in the bed next to him after seeing Grace asleep and cookie almost there on the floor. I open to the first chapter and tell jace "this book is where it all gets good." I open to the first page and read, "the villagers of little Hangelton still called it 'the Riddle House' even though it had been many years since the Riddle family had lived there. It stood on a hill overlooking the village, some of its windows boarded, tiles missing from its roof, and ivy spreading unchecked over its face. Once a fine looking manor, and easily the largest and grandest building for miles around, the Riddle House was now damp, derelict, and unoccupied. ..." I read and stop at chapter 5. "I thought you said it gets good in this book" he says. "It does. You just have to give it a little longer" I say. "Whatever you say" he says. I close the book and set it on the nightstand beside me.

"Lets go to bed. We can figure out this whole thing tomorrow" Jace says. I nod and lay down. He does too and wraps his arms around me pulling me against him. This makes me happy.

•••

When I wake up it's 8:15. Grace slept the whole night which I'm thankful for. Jace is just waking up too. I guess we are waking up early is because we are so used to it we just automatically wake up at this time. I roll out of the bed and get Grace up. She is very happy this morning which I am thankful for too.