The Jace Journal

When I wake up I am still in jaces arms but my hands are holding feathers. I let them go and look over. He is still asleep so I just lay here. I turn over so that I am facing him. I lean in a little and just lay here.

              A few minutes later Grace starts making some noise. I wiggle out of his arms and go get her. I pick her up. I walk her around the room.

                I hear Jace start to wake up. "How long have you been up" he asks. "Not too long. You want to go down and get some breakfast" I ask. "Yeah" he says. I change Graces diaper and the three of us head on down to the kitchen.

                 When we get down here mom is making chocolate chip muffins. Jace grabs a muffin and I look through the cabinets for Graces bottle and formula and start making it. "So Jonathan told me you guys are leaving tomorrow" mom says. "Yeah we are" I say. "Why" she asks. "The clave has messed up big time and we have to go back early to fix their mess" Jace says. "Makes sense" mom says.

                   Jonathan walks in. "How did last night go" he asks. "It was good I have some pictures on my phone since I know you wanted to see. Some should be up on the website around noon" I say. "Let me see" he says. "My phone is upstairs if you want to go get it" I say. He leaves the kitchen probably to go get my phone. Graces bottle finishes heating up and I take it out of the microwave and feed her.

                               As soon as she is done with her bottle Jonathan comes back down. He hands me my phone. I enter the password and go to the pictures from last night. I hand the phone back to him and he goes through all of them. "Wow these are really good" he says. "Thanks" I say and put my phone in my pocket. "What happened yesterday" Mom asks. "I had an interview yesterday morning because apparently people had been wondering about me since I had quit my job. I didn't tell them really what was going on because mundanes cant really know about the shadow world. I just kinda made some stuff up. The story and some pictures from last night will be put up on the sherri hill website sometime today they told me" I tell mom. "So were the pictures like the ones from the other photo shoots in the past" she asks. "Yeah pretty much but this one lasted a while" I say. "Yeah we were there till like 9:00 and then we went to takis but stayed there for a while" Jace says. "You were there too" mom asks. "Yeah they wanted me there too" he answers. "Lets see the pictures" she says. I open up my phone and show mom the pictures. "These are really good" she says and hands me back my phone. "I like how they put some of the pictures of you two together together" she says. "Yeah" I say. I grab a muffin and start eating it. Everyone starts coming in a little while later.

                           My phone starts ringing and I see its Tessa. I answer it. "Hey Tessa" I greet. "Hey clary. I heard from your mom who heard from your brother that you guys were leaving tomorrow" Tessa says. "Yeah we are. We have to cut our trip a little short" I say. "I'm sorry to hear that. If you don't mind I will bring Logan over soon. He will want to see you before you leave" she says. "Yeah of course" I say. "Good we will come over in a few hours" she says. "Okay that's fine I will see you then" I say. "Okay bye clary" Tessa says. "Bye Tessa" I say. I hang up and eat another muffin. "Tessa, Jem, and Logan will be here in a few hours" I tell everyone.

                   After we all eat we all take an easy day and sit in the library. Some of us will need it come tomorrow. Cookie and bear come push the door open and come walking in. They see Simon and growl some at him. Cookie comes and sits in front of me and Grace like she is trying to protect her. "What is with those dogs? They hate me or something" Simon says. "They don't hate you, they just don't know you like they know us" I say. "That, and cookie is protective of Grace" Alec says. "That's true too" Jace says. Bear jumps up in Jonathans lap and curls up.