The note

One week later
            I wake up at 7:00 and decide I will go for a run outside. I get on some shorts and tennis shoes and run for 30 minutes before I eat breakfast. I run down the road and back. I get home and take a quick shower since I stink of sweat. I get dressed in some jeans and a black tank top and head over to the kitchen.

I pour myself some cereal not really feeling up to making a big breakfast. I bring he bowl to the table and start watching Netflix on my laptop.

I get a text from Reagan saying 'hi ms. Clary. I have gotten a new assignment to pass on to you from Sheri hill.' I text back and ask what it is. She says 'they want to see if they can bring back dresses like the ones from the Victorian era. They assigned you the job specifically.' Wow. I have never even thought about back then. 'Tell them I will do it. I have to do some research first, but I will do it.'

Who better to ask about the dresses then than Tessa. Maybe she still has at least one. I take my time and finish my cereal then text Tessa and say 'hey Tessa. I need to meet with you. Can I come over to your house? Or maybe java Jones or somewhere?' I get a text back saying 'sure. Your mom told me you moved out and got a house yesterday. I could come to your house if you want. Or you could come over here. I would love to see your new house.' 'Sure you can come over here. It is quiet by myself.' I text her my new address. She says she is heading over. I go down the hall to my room and put a purple jacket over my tank top. I call Tessa. "Hey clary" I hear. "Hey Tessa. Have you left your house yet?" "Not yet but I was going to in just a minute. Why?" "Do you by any chance still have at least one of your dresses with the corsets?" "You mean the dresses I had to wear when I lived in London and at the London institute?" "That's the ones." "I have 2. They are in a box packed away." "Can you bring the box with you when you come over to my house? Please? I will explain it all when you get here." "Okay. I guess so. I never wear them though." "Thanks Tessa. You are the best. See you soon." "Bye clary" she says and I hang up. Well that is take care of. She should be here in at least 30 minutes since this house is closer to hers than moms and the institute.

I hear a knock on my front door. I open it. "Hey clary. You house is so pretty in the outside" Tessa says. We hug and she comes in.

"Clary I have a surprise to tell you before you tell me what all this is about" she says as soon as we sit down in the living room. "What is it?" I ask curiously. "I'm having a baby. It's a boy." "Oh my goodness Tessa! That's amazing! I can't believe it. Have you thought of any names?" "Not much. We have thought of mason, Noah, and Oliver." "Oh I love those names. I can't wait."

"Me too. Now what did is this all about?" I sigh and say "well apparently Sherri hill has assigned me the task of trying to bring back dresses from the Victorian era. I figured you'd be the best one to ask about it." "Oh wow. Well the dresses are in a box I set in the front porch. The first thing you should probably know is that the dresses back then will suffocate you so you better not make it so tight." "Noted. Can you bring them in so I can see them." "Sure" she says and walks out of the room.

She comes back with a big box. She pulls out a pretty blue dress. "You could try it on if you want. Ya know, to know what I meant. I will help you put it on. It's not easy." "I guess so" I say and I walk to the bathroom and slip it on. I walk out and say "ugh... do they al have long sleeves like this?" "Afraid so. It was improper for a lady to show their arms or legs back then."

She gets off the couch and ties the corset behind me. I feel a tight squeeze. Suddenly it is so hard to breathe. "Sweet angel. I know what you mean now. It is so hard to breathe." She laughs and says "I told you. Try walking. It's not that easy either. You have so many skirts. If you don't pick them up when you walk you will fall flat on your face." I try to walk around. Not only am I having trouble breathing but walking too. I have to lift up the skirts in the dress. "Good lord. This is so hard. I will definitely make it looser and not as many skirts so people can actually walk and breathe."

She smiles and undos the corset and I go change into the clothes I was wearing before. "Much better. I can breathe now" I say walking back in the living room. Tessa laughs. I start writing notes in my sketchbook about not to make it tight, and not so many layers. "So is that all you needed?" She asks me and I say "I think so. I show her around the house. "This is so pretty. I love what you have done with it." "Thanks" I say. We hug again and she leaves with the box.

I am sitting on my deck looking out at the big empty yard enjoying the peace.

I get a call. "Hello" I say. I hear a bunch of things I can't understand coming from Jaces voice. "Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down. Now now say things so I can understand please." "Clary, are you safe? Have you gotten any weird messages?" "I am fine. No I haven't gotten any weird messages. Why?" "I'm coming over to your house. I will be there soon. I will explain everything when I get there." "Okay..." I say. I have no idea what is going on. "Clary don't let anyone in your house until I get there. Don't go outside or anything." "Jace your scaring me. What is going on?" I'm worried and scared now. "Just do what I just tell you. I will be there in a minute. I will explain everything when I get there." He says all this and hangs up. I do as I am told and go back inside. I walk into my bedroom and I sit on my bed. I have no idea what is going on. I'm a little scared now.

I hear a knock on my front door and I walk to the door. I peek out the window and see Jace. I open it. He walks in holding a red duffle bag. "It's just you here right?" I nod my head. "Good come to the living room. I will explain everything."

We both walk to the living room. We sit down on the couch. "Jace, what in the angels name is going on?!?" He sighs and says "we got a message saying 'I will finish what master Sebastian started. I will get his queen. When I get her you will never see her or hear from her ever again' I have to make sure you are safe. I have already told Isabelle, Alec, Maryse, and Magnus and your parents what happened and that I will stay here with you. I will move in starting now. Nobody knows the whole plan of Sebastian's except me and you. I will protect you clary, that is a promise."

I'm really worried now. "I can't be taken again. This can't be starting again. It just can't." My voice cracks and I am now on the brink of tears. "And it won't. I will protect you. I have made a promise to you and everyone else and I always keep my promises. Especially when it has to do with you." He wraps his arms around me. We pull away and he says "I won't let anyone take you. I promise."

I nod my head and say "I trust you. You might want to put your car in the garage though. Just so people don't know you are here. I will go open the garage door." He nods and walks out the house to his silver comaro. He pulls it in the garage and gets out of the car. I close the garage door. "You just had to get the comaro didn't you" I say as we walk into the kitchen. "Yep. It's a good looking car. I like it." I roll my eyes.

"What do you want for dinner?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Grilled cheese and soup it is then. I'm not in the mood to go all out and put much effort."

I go to the pantry and grab bread for the grilled cheese and pull out a can of tomato soup and a can of chicken noodle soup. "I'm going to go put my bag in the spare bedroom upstairs. I will be right back" he says.

I nod not really caring. I put the bread and cheese on the stove to make the grilled cheeses. I hear footsteps above me. I put the tomato soup in a pot first and start the oven. I leave the kitchen and go to the bottom of the stairs and say "you want it in a cup or a bowl?" "Cup" I hear coming from one of the bedrooms. I go into the kitchen and put the tomato soup in a red mug. I start making the chicken noodle soup. I put there grilled cheese on plates. I put the soup in a mug.

Jace comes walking down. I push the plate with the soup and grilled cheese towards him.

"How did you know I like tomato soup?" "Simon told me 5 years ago. I got you something else" I say and walk to the pantry. I pull out s grocery bag and set it on the counter. I pull out some mangoes both whole and diced up. "Mangoes! Simon told you that too?" "Yeah but a different day." We both eat our dinner and watch tv.

I go to bed at around 10:30 telling jace i am not feeling good. "Are you okay?" "I think so its probably nothing. I'm just going to go to bed." "okay." I walk into my bedroom and change into something soft. I get into my bed and fall asleep.