Dress shopping

2 weeks later

I hear a knock on the door. I look to my alarm clock and see it is 8:00. Too early. I groan and get up. I walk to the front door and open it to see mom and izzy. "No" I say and turn around. I go back to my bedroom and get in the bed and go close my eyes. Chrissie gets on the bed and lies down on top of me all protective.

"Come on clary. We have to go pick out your wedding dress" izzy whines. "I need another hour of sleep" I say not opening my eyes. I hear and feel chrissie growl at them both. "Come on chrissie get off" izzy says to her. "No chrissie stay, I need sleep and you to stay" I whine. "I'm going to make you some breakfast. When I get done I'm waking you back up and you have to get up that time" mom says and they both walk out of my bedroom.

I fell back asleep. Mom comes back in and shoves my shoulder. Chrissie is still on top of me. I look over at my alarm clock it now says 8:50. "Clary get up. I made you some cinnamon rolls. Get dressed and ready and you can come eat them before we leave. Tessa is going to meet us there" she says. She walks out. I look at chrissie and she looks at me. I hear the front door open again. "Why are you here? You know what, I don't really care. Maybe you will have better luck getting clary up" I hear mom say.

Chrissie gets off of me and lays beside me. I look at the door and see Jace. He rolls his eyes, smiles, and laughs. He comes over to me and sits on the bed. "Come on" he says and grabs my hands and pulls me so I am sitting up. "I don't want to get up" I whine. "Well apparently you have to. Why exactly do you have to?" "Mom, izzy, and Tessa want to go pick out the wedding dress." "It's only been two weeks." "I know." "You don't want to marry the hottest guy in the universe in your pjs do you?" I roll my eyes and say "no. Could I?" "Good and I guess you could. I love the pjs by the way. Now go get dressed and ready and pick out a beautiful dress." I smile and kiss him.

I break away and grab a plain purple shirt and some jeans out of my closet and get dressed in the bathroom. I cover the scar on my cheek. I walk out and put some boots on. I see Jace still sitting on the bed. I grab his hand and we walk to the kitchen.

"It smells so good in here mom" I say and she passes me and jace both a plate of cinnamon rolls. "So how did you get in the house jace" mom asks him. "I have a key" he says. I finish my last cinnamon roll slowly. Isn't it too early to go wedding dress shopping? I don't want to go but at the same time I do.

I take my last bite. Izzy takes my hand and says "let's go" and her and mom pull me to the front door. Before I leave the kitchen I mouth the words "help me." I am pulled out of my house and into moms car. I realize I forgot to feed chrissie. I pull my phone out of my pocket and text Jace. 'Hey buddy. I was rushed out of the house and couldn't feed chrissie. Can you please feed her for me? Just two scoops of the dog food at the bottom of the pantry in her bowl.' I send it and look out the window as we are going down the road. I get a text back saying 'yeah. Of course I can. Have fun shopping.' I text him back and say 'thanks jace! Your the best. You know I hate shopping though." It's true I hate shopping.

I get a text from Reagan next. She says 'hey clary. Sherri hill has another assignment for you. They want to see what would happen if they started making wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses. They want you to design 3 to start with and they will look at them and decide if they will do it or not. Good luck.'

I look up from my phone and see we are stuck in traffic as usual in New York. "By the angel" I mumble. "What happened" izzy asks. "Sherri hill wants me to design 3 wedding dresses and 3 bridesmaids dresses. They want to see what will happen if they start doing weddings. I honestly can't wait to go to the beach now. A couple more weeks to go. I am going to be so stressed out with he wedding, work, the big decision, and whatever else comes up." Mom smiles and says "clary relax. The three of us said we will help you plan the wedding. We will help you pick out a dress too. We will have everything covered but you just need to work on your job and you and jace figure out the big decision." We finally start moving again. I look out the window again.

We eventually pull up to David's bridal. "Okay we need both gold dresses and maybe a white dress" izzy says and she starts looking through the dress racks. I have a feeling izzy is going to take over planning my wedding. Tessa walks in and they all start looking through the racks. They each hand me 3 dresses. "Go try those on" Tessa commands and izzy pushes me in the changing room. The first one I try on is a long white dress. I walk out and they tell me to turn. I do as I am told. "Mmm... I don't like it" izzy says "go try on another one." The next one is solid gold. "Nope" Tessa says. I roll my eyes and go back in to try on another dress. I do this for an hour. They keep bringing me dresses. They say no to everyone of them. I finally get dressed in the clothes I came in. "I'm going to pick out a couple of dresses" I say and walk over to look at all of the dresses.