Work

2 days later

I wake up and notice it's 7:30 in the morning. I look over and ash is fast asleep. I look in the other room and casey, Brooke, and Tyler are asleep too. I get dressed and ready and write down on a notepad the hotel put in our room. I write 'went to the restaurant upstairs for breakfast - Clary'

 I write 'went to the restaurant upstairs for breakfast - Clary'

(Picture this outfit but without the necklace)

I go to the restaurant in the hotel and order a black coffee first and some French toast. I scroll through my contacts and get to Tessa's number. I hit call and wait. It rings and I hear "hi Clary." "Hi Tessa. What time should we be at the store" I ask. "We don't open untill 9. You guys can come over at like 9:15" she tells me. "Are you sure you want us to come then" I ask. "Yes Clary. I just want to give you guys time to sleep and get over here. Your mom and I can take care of things over here for 15 minutes" she says. "Alright Tessa, I will see you at 9:15 then" I say. "Alright bye Clary." "Bye" I say and hang up.

I call the castle next. It rings for a while then I hear "this is jace." "Hi" I say. "Oh hey Clary, sorry I didn't read the caller ID." "What're you doing" I ask. "Looking over some papers for the Texas institute they just sent me" he says. "What did they say" I ask. "They want a meeting first before they commit to anything" he says. "Well set one up then and talk to them" I say. "But what about you" he asks. The waiter comes and brings me my coffee. "Thank you" I say and he walks away. "Why are you thanking me" jace asks. "Not you, the waiter just brought me my coffee. You can make a decision without me jace. If it makes you feel better, just have the meeting in our office but move anything they don't need to see off of the walls and desk. You can always call me so I can talk to you guys and be in the meeting in a way" I suggest. "That's a good idea. I will let you know when it is going to be and will call you during it" he says. "Alright."

"So what are you doing" he asks me. "Waiting on my breakfast. There's a restaurant in the hotel so I came here for breakfast." "What did you get?" "French toast and a black coffee." "We had eggs and bacon" he says. I internally gag at the mention of eggs but still say "that sounds good."

"How does ash like New York" jace asks. "I don't really know, he hasn't really said much about it. The servants seem to like it so far. I took ash and got him new clothes and things for his room." The waiter comes back with my French toast and syrup and leaves. "That's good. I'm sure he is happy to be able to have things of his own. When should we tell the clave that Ash is real and we have given him the chance to stay in our world with Jonathan and Alice" Jace asks. "Um... I don't know but we need to have a clave meeting and let them know sometime soon. I don't want Ash to be stuck in that house with Jonathan forever. I know he will want to explore the country and city" I say. "I know, should we do it when you get back?" "I guess that would be okay, I feel like we should ask ash first and make sure he wants to do it when we get back." 'Yeah just ask him and we can make plans whenever he wants to do it" Jace says. "Yeah okay."