New and old aquaintances

Alice's brother Peter is played by William Moseley. picture above

When I wake up in the morning my arms are clinging to jaces arm. I have no idea why or how we got in this position but here I am. I notice that cookie has moved to the end of the bed and is spread out and still asleep. I lay here quietly thinking about just anything and everything.

"Good morning love" I hear Jace say. I look up at him and smile a little. "Good morning," I say. "How did I end up with you wrapped around me," he asks. "I have no idea honestly," I say. "Well, do you remember what you had dreamed last night," He asks. "No," I say. "Well, I could get used to waking up with you wrapped around me," he says. I roll my eyes. "Come on, let's go eat," I say.

I unwrap myself from around him and we both stand up. I pick Grace up.

"When did that happen," I ask seeing a scar on his arm. "When did what happen," he asks. "This," I say and run my fingers lightly over the marriage rune in his arm. I had the same scar on my arm. It's one of the only two I would have on my arm but all the scars on my arm are gone. "When the Seelie queen took you, I knew she had hurt you. The moment I guess when she cut you it happened to me too. I didn't feel anything I just looked down and saw blood" he says. "Oh, Jace" I mumble. "I'm fine," he says. I smile and say "let's go get some breakfast."

When we get down to the kitchen Alice is already in here but is making her breakfast. She is on the phone with someone. I start making my bagel and Graces bottle. Her little head rests on my chest. "I don't know peter... I will just have to see... if I can where do you want me to meet you?... I don't know where that is... alright alright, ... I will ask... if I can't work anything out we will just have to figure out some other way to meet... what time... okay... alright... oh whatever... uh huh... yeah... uh huh... until the end of this month... I know... alright well I'm going to let you go since I'm hungry and need to eat breakfast... I will... okay bye peter" she says and hangs up. She lets out a deep breath.

"Who was that," I ask as I shake up Graces bottle. "My older brother peter. He wants me to meet him at the New York aquarium" she says. "I can take you over there after I drop Jace off at my moms' house," I say. I sit down at the table and feed Grace her bottle. "I also kinda mentioned Jonathan," she says. I look up at her. "He wants to meet Jonathan since he is my boyfriend and all," she says. "Well, you will have to ask him to come with you. It is your brother after all who is meeting my brother" I say. She sighs and says "I know." Grace finished her bottle and I burp her.

"Can I hold little Grace?" she asks. I nod and pass my daughter to Alice. She smiles down at Grace. Grace holds onto Alice's index finger. "She must like you. She has only done that to Alec" I say. I eat my bagel. When I finish I go make myself some coffee. Black like I like it. I take a sip. "I missed this," I say. "What being back in New York," Alice asks me. "Well yes, but I also missed coffee," I say. I hear Jace give a small laugh. "Is there a good coffee place somewhere near here?" she asks. "Java Jones is my favorite," I say. I drink some more of my coffee.

Izzy walks in dresses and ready to go. Bear is trailing behind her. "Baby" Izzy squeals. "Can I hold her?" she asks and Alice passes Grace.

"Can we stop somewhere for breakfast?" she asks me. "Yeah I guess after we drop Jace, Alice, and Jonathan off," I say. "Where are they going," she asks. "Jace is going to mom's house to get his car and we are picking up Alice and Jonathan and taking them to the aquarium," I say. "Ooh," she says and looks at Alice. "It's not like you think," Alice says. "You're right. You need somewhere better if you are going on a date" she says. "Izzy it's not a date," Jace says.  "Even if we were to go on a date we can't because we are both broke and would get lost," Alice says. "Not if Clary is paying. She's Jonathan's sister I'm sure she would pay for a date" Izzy says. "Hey!" I say. Of course, Izzy would want me to pay for anything. "What does clary have to do with anything," Alice asks. "Because clary is loaded. Not because she's the queen either" Izzy says. "Since when," Alice asks. "About 7 years ago," Jace says. "If you saw the paycheck she got you wouldn't believe it," Izzy says. "You never saw my paycheck," I say back. "No, but we all have a good idea of what it might have been," Jace says. "What did you do," Alice asks. "I was a designer for Sherri Hill," I say. It takes a minute for her to register this. Realization comes on her face. "Holy cow! I will be right back" Alice says and runs out of the room. I drink some of my coffee.