Parents

Look at the authors note at the bottom.

The following Sunday

Ash POV

I wake up on my pile of blankets in my tree house. I've been thinking about what Grace told me on Tuesday, about my father being alive and being married. I can't believe I have a sister, well half sister. It would be nice to have a real family and to be able to live in a real house with a real bed and not just a tiny tree house I built myself and a few blankets I found to sleep on and keep me warm at night.

I put on my leather jacket and climb down the tree. I hunt for some food. I manage to catch a rabbit. Grace would probably get mad at me for killing a rabbit. Grace is too sweet for her own good. I take it back to my tree and skin and cook it over a fire. The rabbit isn't much but it will last me until my next meal.

After eating the rabbit I change my clothes. I might as well go now to see if I can meet my real father. I hope they will accept me. With everything that happened with Grace and my mother I am not sure if they will or not. I hope they will. I don't plan on going back to my mother in faerie ever again.

I climb down my tree and start making my way toward the city. I need to stay out of sight until I am in the gates of my fathers house.

The only reason I know which house is his is because Grace told me once he lives at the Morganstern manor. I make it to the house and go through the gates. It's stone on the outside. Here goes nothing. I knock on the front door.

Jonathan POV

The three of us are sitting in the living room with Zillah. Alices mom had sent us the first 2 seasons of Game of thrones so we are watching that. Alice is holding Zillah.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door. "I'll go see who it is" Alice says. She places Zillah in the baby basket her mom had sent us. Zillah squirms for a few seconds then keeps sleeping.

Alice leaves the room and I pause the tv

Alice leaves the room and I pause the tv. A few minutes later she comes back in the room. "Jonathan you're needed at the front door" she says. "Why" I ask. "There's someone there saying he's your son" she replies. "Okay..." I say and leave the room with Alice trailing behind me. i don't have a son, just a daughter named Zillah.

When we get to the door she says, "Jonathan he looks just like you except for one detail." "What detail?" "I think he's part faerie."  Oh no. "We will let him in and talk to him in the kitchen. Let's just hear him out, Alice" I say. "But what if he is dangerous?" "Then we will figure something else out." If I have a son I will not send him away. She sighs looking defeated. "Okay, let him in" she says.

I open the door and the person looks up at me. She was right. He looks just like me except for faerie ears. How did this happen? "Do- do you want to come in" I ask. He nods and comes in the house. I lead the way to the kitchen. I take a seat at the table and he sits down at the table too. "Are you hungry? We have some left over French toast from breakfast? Or do you want something to drink"Alice asks him. "Either one is fine. I'll take whatever" he says. She puts a few pieces of French toast on a plate and pours a cup of orange juice and hands it to him. "Thank you" he says. He eats and drinks the orange juice in 2 minutes. She takes the empty plate and cup and sets them in the sink. I exchange a look with Alice. The boy just scarfed down 3 big pieces of French toast and a class of orange juice like he has never eaten before.