Meeting with Aubrey

Jocelyn POV

I put my overnight bag in my car and go back inside. "Where are you going mommy" Carson asks. "I'm going over to Los Angeles for the day. I will come back tomorrow" I tell him. "Don't go mommy" he tells me. I sit on the stairs and he sits next to me. "I promise to come back. You need to be a big boy and stay with your daddy and red while I'm gone. I will be back in the morning" I tell him. "Okay mommy" he says. I give him a hug. "I've got to go to the air port now Carson. I love you" I say. "Okay mommy, I love you too" he says. "I will see you both tomorrow" I say to both Luke and Carson.

I leave the house and get in my car. I wait in New York City traffic for an hour. It takes that long just to sit through the cities traffic. Once I finally get through the city traffic I go to the airport and go through security. I go through to where Alices families private plane is waiting. A flight attendant leads me up some stairs and into the plane. "My name is Rebecca, I'm the flight attendant. Is there anything I can get you while the pilot gets the plane fueled up before we take off" A woman asks me. "Can I get some water" I ask. "Sure" she says. She comes back with a bottle of water and hands it to me. "Thanks" I say and sit down on one of the soft white chairs.

After a few minutes Rebeca tells me we are ready to take off and go to LA. I turn on the tv and watch something for the rest of the three hours there. When we land I get my bag and leave the plane. I see a nice looking red car and Alice steps out of it. "Hey" she says. "Hey" I say. "I talked to Aubrey last night to see where she wanted to meet with you and she said starbucks. Is that okay with you" she asks. "That's fine" she says. "Cool. Come on then" she says. We both get in the car. "This is a nice car" I say. "Thanks, I got it as a welcome home present from graduating college" she tells me. "What year is it" I ask. "2016. I also have a 2016 Porsche too" she says. "Wow" I say. "I know" she says. She backs up and pulls away from the private airport.

"How is Zillah" I ask. "She is good. She woke up early this morning so we have been awake since 5:30 with her" she tells me. "Clary was an early riser as a baby too" I mention. "Clary told me that was often for babies to be early risers and cry during the night" she says. "Yeah" I agree. "I'm going to drop you off at the starbucks okay. Aubrey should be there soon if she isn't there already" Alice tells me. "Okay" I say.

We pull up to a starbucks and I order a grande café breve late and right as I sit down to wait for my drink Aubrey walks in. I met her at Jonathan and Alices wedding. Aubrey and I both get our drinks and sit down at the table.

"You wanted to meet with me" I ask her. "Yeah, Alice and Jonathan said it might help to talk to someone who has gone through the same thing I am" she says.

"Whats going on" I ask. "Peter was bitten by a wolf, and he shifted" she says. "Oh" I say. "Jonathan and Alice said something like that happened to you" she says. "Yeah to my best friend. I thought he had died since he just disappeared and I hadn't seen him in a while. One night when my husband at the time, valentine, was gone he showed up. He told me everything that had happened. We would always meet in secret since Valentine didn't really want Luke alive at the time" I start telling the story. "Wait Luke was the one who shifted and became a werewolf" she asks. "Yes. He became the alpha of the pack in the brocelin forest in Idris and then one now in New York. We both still live normal mundane lives. He still has a human side just like Peter. Peter will always be human. He can just shift to a wolf now" I explain to her. "Why did you have to meet in secret" she asks me. "That is a long story for another time. He wasn't fond of downworlders but there is nothing wrong with them" I say to her.

"Oh, can I ask you another question" she asks. "Of course" I say. "Would Peter ever try to hurt me? Would his wolf side take over and hurt me" she asks. "It's possible. That's why it's important for Peter to become part of a pack. If he does they can help him control it. The first few years he can't control his wolf side and a pack can help" I explain to her. "Oh, what about kids? If we have kids what would happen" she asks me. "You can always have kids Aubrey. There is a risk since you are a mundane that the baby could be a werewolf. The baby could still end up normal like you. You won't know until it's born. Don't let these possibilities change your decision. If you two really want kids don't let the possibilities of what could happen to the baby change your mind" I tell her.

"Thanks mrs. Jocelyn" she says. "Of course Aubrey. Is there anything else you want to know" I ask. "I don't think so. Jonathan and Alice did say that Peter would need to go see the king and queen about his new change" she says. "Yes that's probably a good idea" I agree. "Do you think I could go with him" she asks. "No. Mundanes aren't allowed into Idris unless they are working for the royals. I suggest going back to Switzerland and they will send him back to you after he talks to them" I tell her. "Oh" she says sounding a little disappointed. "Don't worry, Idris is the safest place to be. Safer than any mundane country. He will be perfectly fine there. They will send him back to you as soon as possible, promise" I tell her.

"Alright. Thanks" she says. "No problem. Let me give you my number and you can text me if you need me about anything else" I tell her. "Okay" she says. I give her my number and we go back to where the rest of her family is.

Do you guys like shorter chapters like this better or longer chapters like I usually do?

Did you like this chapter? I know it was short and kinda boring but did you at least like it?

The next chapter will be longer don't worry. It will be back in Idris.