I hate the flu

I wake up at four in the morning and go to the bathroom and puke. Jace was gone when I woke up. I walk back to my bed and see the mug gone as well. I am dizzy. I absolutely hate the flu. I get out of my bedroom. The lights are all off. I walk into the kitchen. I grab a Gatorade out of the fridge and some crackers out of the pantry. I start walking to my bedroom.

I hear footsteps coming down the steps. Oh by the angel. I am so dead if he sees me awake. He walks down the stairs shirtless and says "Why are you awake? It is 4 am. I heard you awake." "I'm awake because I got sick again and I need some crackers and Gatorade. I was trying not to wake you up. Apparently you have ears like a bat though." "Yes I do. Especially when it comes to you," I start to lean because I am dizzier. "I will help you get in the bed. You need to change into something else." He grabs my arm and walks me to my room. He tosses me a soft pajama tank top and some soft shorts. He helps me in the bed. "You good?" He asks me and I say "I think so" I say and eat the crackers. "I will stay with you until you fall back asleep" he says. I drink some Gatorade and eat all of my crackers. He turns into the German shepherd. He lies next to me on the bed. I look at him and see a quick glint of gold in his eyes and it disappears. I lie down and fall asleep.

I wake up at 9:00. I see the dog curled up asleep next to me. I smile. I thought he was going to wait till I fell asleep then go back to his room. Oh well. This is better, even if he is a dog. I lie here feeling to sick to do anything. He opens his eyes and yawns. "Hey" I say. He comes closer to me. I put my arm around him. I hold him close. He yawns again and I say "you can go back to sleep. It's okay, I don't care." He does.

I grab my phone and look at it. My mom texted me last night. 'Hey clary. Jace told us about the note. Is he there with you?' I text back and say 'yeah. He is.' 'How are you liking living by yourself?' 'I like it. It's quiet though.' 'Yeah, I bet. Y'all aren't sleeping in the same room are you?' Of course she would ask this. I look at dog jace curled up in a ball asleep on the bed. 'No. He is staying in the guest bedroom up stairs.' 'Okay good. How are you doing?' I mean technically Jace is not sleeping with me that way. I guess she doesn't know I have the flu. 'I have the flu.' 'What?! Do I need to come take care of you?' 'No mom. I'm alright. Jace is helping me.' 'I'm going to come over. You need me over there more. I will be over in an hour and a half.' 'No mom really it's okay. I don't want to get you sick.' 'I will be fine I will be there soon.'

I whisper yell "jace!" He lifts his doggy head up and yawns. "My mom just texted me. She knows I have the flu. She is coming. She will be here in an hour and a half" I say and his dog eyes get big. "I'm sorry to wake you up. She does not know you can change into an animal. You need to change back and act like you have been helping take care of me. I know you have and I thank you so much for that. Your the best person in the world. I love you" I say and kiss his fuzzy little dog head. He stand up and walks out of the room. He walks back in, this time as himself, and asks "you told her you were sick?" I nod. He sighs and continues "fine. What do you want for breakfast? How are you feeling this morning, any better?" "Not really. I don't care, just make me something." "I'm sorry. I will be right back with your breakfast." I nod and turn on the tv.

He comes in with yogurt and oatmeal. He leaves and comes back with water. "You need something other than Gatorade to drink." I nod my head and start eating. He tells me he is going to go change and for me not to leave the bed because he will just drag me back. I do as I am told. I eat all the yogurt. I hear a knock on the front door. I know it is my mom. I stay in the bed. Only because I don't want jace to drag me back in here. I know good and well he will do it too. I sit here and watch arrow. I hear mom and jace talking to each other.

My mom walk in and says "hey baby. How are you feeling?" "Hey mom. Not much better than last night. I only got sick once which is better." "I'm sorry baby. What have you eaten today?" "I just ate some yogurt." "Have you had any fluids?" "Yeah water with breakfast and Gatorade after I got sick." "Good I'm glad." She feels my forehead and says "you have a fever." "Yeah I know. I've been drinking as much as I can to try and keep it down." "Well good. I'm glad. I'm going to be in the kitchen. Call for me if you need anything." I nod my head. She walks out. I grab the oatmeal off the nightstand and I eat some of it. It's pretty good. I watch the rest of the episode.

I fall asleep with the tv on. I don't know how long I've been asleep when I wake up. The breakfast bowl is gone and the empty water cup   The tv is off as well.