The dinner

I wake up before jace this morning which is really rare for me.

I sit up on the end of the bed. I look at jace. I sit  up beside him. I take my hand a stroke his silky soft wings.

He stirs and I stop. "Clary don't stop. You have no idea how good that feels" he moans into his pillow. I start again. "Can you just do this all day" he asks me. "I'd love to. They are so soft. But unfortunately we have other things to do. How about later tonight" I ask. "I guess so" he says.

He sits up still looking at me. "I'm surprised you said they were soft. I wouldn't expect them to be. I haven't washed them in what, a month" he says. I shrug. We both get out of the bed and get dressed and ready for the day. I get dressed in a black and white t shirt and overalls. A put on my converse.

As I am in the bathroom brushing through my short red hair I hear the bedroom door open and close

"Jace did they find Clary last night? Or anything that can help us find her" I hear Jonathan say. I set the brush down and walk out of the bathroom. "Clary" Jonathan breathes. "Hey. They found me last night at one in the morning" I tell him. "I'm hungry and you need to eat. Lets talk about this more over breakfast" jace interrupts looking at me. I nod and Jonathan does too

We go down to breakfast. "So where did they find you" Jonathan asks. "In the middle of the woods. I wandered off the trail and got lost. I was about a 45 minute ride from the castle. I fell asleep under a tree with Autumn" I explain. "Okay, then please tell me you at least ate something, killed a dear, a fish, anything for dinner" he asks hoping to hear what he wants. "No, I didn't have anything with me and I didn't feel like eating uncooked meat or trying to start a fire or whatever" I tell him. "Eat" he orders.

I put cream cheese on a bagel and take a bite. "You will eat more than that if you never ate dinner last night" Jace says. I put more food on my plate like bacon, sausage, cheese and fruit. I eat all the food on my plate.

"Clary, they are going to work on building the arena tomorrow" Jace tells me. I nod. "That was fast" I say. "While you two were busy jumping trees outside I was doing that" Jace says.

After breakfast Jace and I go sit in our office. "Do the cooks and the staff know about the dinner tonight" I ask. "That's a good question. We should probably tell them" Jace says. "Yeah, that might be information they might want to know" I say.

We split up and go around the castle telling everyone who works here about tonights dinner.

I find Alice. "Alice" I say. she looks at me. "We are having a dinner meeting tonight and I need you to work tonight" I tell her. Jonathan has barely let her out of his sight at night ever since Grant decided to trap and try and take her from Jonathan. "I can work tonight. Jonathan won't be to happy about it but I can do it" she says. "Okay thanks Alice. I can tell Jonathan. Don't worry I will deal with him. Thanks" I tell her. I walk off and try to find Jonathan.