Disneyland

Alice POV

I hear my phone ringing. I groan. "Turn it off" I hear Jonathan groan. I pick my phone up and see it's 6:00 in the morning and the call is coming from clary. I slide it to answer. "Hello" I groan half awake. "Aunt Alice! You have to get up we are going to Disney today" I hear Graces voice say excitedly. "I know Grace but It is 6:00 in the morning. We won't meet at Disneyland until 9:45. Go back to bed" I tell her. "But-" she starts. "Go to bed now Grace. I will see you in the morning" I tell her. "Fine," she says. "Is Clary there?" I ask. "No, momma is sleeping," she says. "See, you should too. Go back to bed and get a few more hours of sleep. You will need it" I say. "But I can't sleep," she says. "Grace go to sleep now or we won't go with you to Disneyland. When we get back to Idris I will make sure your playtime is reduced and charlotte makes sure you do more chores" I tell her. "Okay, I will try to sleep. Please don't take my toys and things away" she says. "Goodbye Grace," I say and hang up the phone. I put my phone down and close my eyes. I am able to fall back asleep.

I wake up to my alarm going off at 8:30. I want to strangle that kid, niece or not, I am very tired and she woke me up and now I want to strangle her. I get out of bed and splash some water on my face to wake myself up.

I go on downstairs. "Good morning Mrs. Alice," Jeffrey says. "Good morning Jeffrey. Can you get me some coffee please" I ask? "Right away ma'am," he says. "Rough night," he asks. "Not at all. My niece just woke me up before the crack of dawn" I tell him. I sit down at the table. "The joys of kids," he says. "Most of the time she is fine. She just happened to wake up at 6:00 and decided to call me" I explain. "Ah, I see," he says. He brings me my coffee. "would you like something to eat" he asks. "Eggs and bacon please," I ask. "Sure. How would you like your eggs" he asks. "Fried, over easy please," I say. "Sure Mrs. Alice," he says and goes back into the kitchen.

Bear and echo come down. Jeffrey brings them their bowls with their dog food. Mom comes in next. "Good morning sweetheart," she says and sits down with me. "Good morning mom," I say. "Did you sleep well?" she asks. "I did. At least until Grace woke me up at 6:00 this morning" I say. "Clarys daughter Grace" mom asks. "Yes. She was so excited about our trip to Disneyland today that she woke up at 6:00 and went into clary and Jaces room and called me from Clary's phone. I guess it's a good thing Clary is a heavy sleeper" I explain. "Ah, so how did you get her to hang up the phone," she asks. "Well, I told her the four of us wouldn't go to Disneyland with them today and when we got back home she would have to do more chores and I would reduce her playtime," I say. "You can do that," she asks. "Yeah, she knows it too," I say. "Cool," she says. Jeffrey comes out and brings me my eggs and bacon and sets it in front of me and pours mom some coffee. "Thank you, Jeffrey," I say. "What would you like Mrs. Williams," he asks. "I will have some eggs and bacon too please," she says. "How would you like those eggs," he asks. "Scrambled please," she says. "Right away madam," he says and goes back into the kitchen.

I start eating my breakfast and Lucy and Ash join us next. "Mom, Are you sure Denali is going to be okay while we are gone," he asks. "Yes, she will be fine. I even reserved for Charlie to take care of her. Charlie isn't afraid of anything or anyone but he won't hurt her. He will make sure Denali gets taken care of as she should. Why are you worried about her" I ask. "I don't know. I had a dream last night, that when we got back she was back to being wild like when I first met her and she was starving. She looked really bad mom" he says. "Relax, Ash. Denali will be fine. When we get back she will be the same as when we left her, just as fed and behaving the same as when we left her. She will be somewhat tamed like she is now" I say. "I'm sorry. Am I missing something? Who is Denali" mom asks? "Denali is my horse. She is a black Arabian and Uncle Jace and Aunt Clary gave her to me" Ash explains. "That was nice of them," mom says. "Yeah well, Ash is the only one who could get Denali to let him near her and get her to eat and behave and pretty much do anything. Ash is the one who named her too. Before she got a name everyone called her that, wild horse or crazy. Jace said she was taking up space that was needed and eating too much food that there was not enough for their other horses" I explain. "How many do they have," mom asks. "There's a total of 36," I say. "Wow," Lucy says.