Hawaii pt. 1

Clary POV

We get off the plane and Alice and I go to the car rental building while the others get the suitcases and wait on the curb for us. We wait in line for about 20 minutes then finally get to the front of the line and get to look at a small menu with cars. Some are crossed out meaning people have already taken them and others are left blank meaning they are available. I pick out a red Chevrolet blazer and Alice chooses a black GMC Denali.

 We reserve the cars for the week and are told to pay when we bring them back on Sunday

We get the car keys and drive them over to meet the others at the curbside where other people are leaving the airport. We help them load the suitcases in the two cars and all get in. I put the address into my phone of the resort we will be staying at and head that way.

On the way there we pass nothing but dirt and hills. "Are you sure you are going the right way? Or that we are even on the right island? This doesn't look like the pictures we saw online" Jace asks. "I am just following the directions, Jace. I know this is Maui" I say. I try to sound positive but so far this isn't as pretty as what you see online.

I continue to follow the directions until it brings us through some gates that say 'The Montage'. We continue to drive through until we arrive at the building. People are waiting outside for us. I can't help but smile. I am suddenly very excited to be here and can't believe I am actually in Hawaii. I turn off the car and step out and open the back of the car. "I am going to go check-in for us. Let Alice know when she gets here so she can do the same for them." I go inside and check-in and shortly after Alice arrives and checks her family in as well. We go back out and the bags are on two separate carts.

Once we reach the front doors as a group two people are greeting us saying "Aloha" and "Welcome to Maui". The girls get purple leis each. The boys get a beaded necklace. A lady comes up to us and greets us and shows us around the resort.