A surprise

"Come on we should probably get her to the silent city to get Grace's protection spell," Tessa says. "I come with clary," Logan says. I give a small smile and squat down so I'm at eye level with him. "You need to stay here with your daddy. I won't be gone long. I promise. Take a nap and I will be back soon okay" I say. "Okay clary," he says. He throws his arms around me. I give a small laugh and hug him back. When he lets me go I stand up and walk with Tessa out of the institute.

I get in the driver's seat of my car. Jace has already put Grace in her car seat in the back. Tessa sits next to her in the back. I pull out of the institute driveway.

"Thanks for doing this Tessa," I say. "Of course," she says. When we stop at a red light, I look in my rearview window and look at them. Grace is staring at Tessa. I continue to drive to the silent city when the light turns green.

A while later we reach the silent city. Jace gets Grace out of her car seat. A silent brother comes to the gate. The sight of him sends a shiver down my spine. Silent brothers have always given me a weird feeling. "We are ready for the child," he says in my head. Grace is sleeping soundly in jaces arms. Tessa goes first following the silent brother. Me and Jace exchange a glance at each other. Neither of us particularly like coming here. But we do if we have to. Right now, unfortunately, we have to. We both walk in.

We finally reach where he leads us. It's a big open room. With just Tessa, me, grace, the silent brother, and Jace. "The queen must be holding the child during the protection spell. It makes it stronger in a way" he says. Jace passes Grace to me. She wakes up at her being passed on to someone else. She looks around her not knowing where she is. "You ready" Tessa asks. I nod.

They both start the many spells to protect her from demons and other things.

It takes a long time but they finally finish. We are here for 2 hours. Grace started crying during it and I had to calm her down. That's why it took so long. She also had a dirty diaper so I had to fix that too.

"Thank you," I say to the silent brother. "My pleasure queen clary," he says. I walk to the car and strap Grace in her seat as Tessa gets in next to her. I go around the car and get in. Jace is the last to get in. "Let's get out of here this place gives me the creeps," Jace says. I roll my eyes and pull out of the cemetery.

When we get to the institute I take Grace up to our room for her nap. It's quiet in the institute. I guess that means we are all having an easy day. I change into some workout clothes.

I go down to the training room and see Alec and Izzy down here. I decide to practice my flips. I go over to one of the beams. I stand up and take a deep breath. I jump doing a front flip. I land in my feet.

"Where's Jace" Izzy asks. She and Alec are sparing. "I have no idea," I say and I go back to the beam to flip again. I do a backflip and almost loose balance but regain it quickly and stand strong on my feet.

Alice walks in. She looks ready to train. "Alice you know how to fight," I ask. "Yeah" she answers. That gives me an idea. "You want to spar with me," I ask. "Your kidding right," she says like she can't believe I just asked her that. "No. Come spar with me. It would be good practice for both of us" I say. She shrugs like 'why not'. We both pick a spot on the mat. How bad can she be? She goes first and tries to do a roundhouse kick. I dodge it.

I was wrong. She is a lot better than I thought. She does not go easy on me and I didn't go easy on her. We both end up on the floor. We are both on our backs out of breath. I stand up and help her up. She stands up. I look up from helping her up I see more people have come down here. I see mom, Jace, Alec, and Izzy are standing watching us.