Seeing family again

I hear my phone ring. I groan. It rings again. "Turn it off" Jonathan mumbles into the pillow. I pick my phone up. "It's already 3:00. We need to get up anyway. Lucy will be home soon. I should probably answer this call" I tell him.

I hit the answer button. "Hello" I ask. "Hello" I hear a little voice say. "Braxton is that you" I ask. "Hi aunt Alice" Braxton chirps. "Hi buddy. How did you get in your mommy and daddy's office" I ask. "I was walking down the castle and wanted to go in a room I've never been in before. I found this thing, pressed a bunch of buttons and now I'm talking to you" he says. "It's a good thing you found my number and not someone else's" I say. "Where are you" Braxton asks. "I'm in Los Angeles with my family" I tell him. "Where's that" he asks. "On the other side of the world" I tell the little 4 year old. "Oh" he says.

"Shouldn't you be asleep Braxton" I ask. "Yes aunt alice" he says. "What time is it" I ask him. "I don't know" he says. "Can you see the clock on the wall" I ask him. "What's that" he asks. "The big round thing on the wall making that ticking sound" I describe. "I see" Braxton says. "What number is the little hand pointing at" I ask. "The one with the two next to it" he says. It's midnight back home. He needs to go to bed. "Braxton you need to go to bed" I tell him. "I not tired" he says. "You may not be but you still need to go lie down in your bed or I'll tell your mommy and daddy" I tell him. "No! Don't tell mommy and daddy. I promise to be good and go to bed" he says. Braxton is that good kid hat hates getting in trouble. "Okay I won't tell them. Go to sleep. Call me when you get up after breakfast okay" I tell him. "Otay aunt Alice" he says. "Goodnight Braxton" I say. "Night night aunt Alice" he says. I hang up the phone.

"What did he want" Jonathan asks. "I guess he just wanted to talk to someone. He didn't want to go to bed. I got him to go though" I tell him. "That's good. Let's go see your mom and see Zillah" Jonathan says. "Okay" I say. He holds his hand out to me and I take it and we walk out to find mom and Zillah.

We find my mom and Zillah in the living room. Mom is sitting on the chair by the window. "Well there you are. You slept through lunch" mom says. "I know. We didn't mean to. We woke up about 15 minutes ago. I had to convince a four year old to go to bed" I tell my mom. "How do you know it was a four year old" she asks. "Because I recognized the voice as our four year old nephew" I say. "Oh" she says. "He somehow managed to get past guards, find Clary and Jaces office, and call my phone" I say. "Wow that's impressive" she says. "Braxton is a smart little 4 year old" Jonathan says.

"I saw the little crib hanging from the ceiling mom. It's so cute and creative" I say. "I'm glad you like it. I figured something like that wouldn't take up too much space and would be pretty easy to handle" she says. "It's perfect" I say.

Moms phone goes off

Moms phone goes off. She repositions Grace in her arms and looks at her phone. "Peter just landed. Jeffrey" she tells us and calls for Jeffery. He comes in the room. "Yes madam" he asks. "Peter just landed. He's at the airport. I need you to go get him please" mom says. "Yes madam" he says. He leaves the room. "How come the people at the castle aren't that respectful" Jonathan asks. "They are. I make sure they are. They know that they don't have to be quite so uptight 24/7 but they need to be respectful. Especially when people come to the castle" I explain. "But they don't dress like servants and their position either" he says. "We don't make them. I talked to Clary a few years ago. If we made them dress up every day people would get tired of it and start complaining and it would put problems and more work on me and Clary. The only times they actually have to dress up is if people are coming over or for some special occasion" I explain. "Oh" he says.